Overate on Mother's Day

snarlingcoyote
snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
And now it's not a question of "do I eat back all my exercise calories" but "how far am I going to have to run this week to burn off that second slice of carrot cake?" :p

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Haha! Probably a long way! You might just want to think of it as "tomorrow is another day" and just move on. Likely you didn't overeat by enough calories to gain a pound (you'd have to eat 3500 calories more than maintenance to actually gain a pound of fat), so don't worry and move on. Remember you are in it for the long haul. Holidays are to be celebrated, accomplishments, too, like graduations, birthdays, etc. Just try not to let it happen too often.

I log my indiscretions because it helps me to see just how bad (or not bad) they are, plus it has helped me learn how to work treats into my calorie allowance most of the time. (I do go over sometimes). Usually it all evens out by the end of the week.
  • amdawells
    amdawells Posts: 76 Member
    @snarlingcoyote I'm right there with you! I do know, for a fact, this week I will be highly active so all the calories I indulged on yesterday will be gone by end of day! I'm starting month 2 of Insanity :D Woot woot!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Tigerblue - when I'm eating, I'm thinking of how far I've got to run to burn off the cake. If it's not worth it, I don't eat it. This was totally worth it. Thinking tomorrow is another day and not paying for my overeating usually winds up in a weight gain for me. :smiley: As a bonus, I'll be working my leg muscles more, so gaining more tone through my posterior. I ate yummy cake and it will wind up as a cuter back end.

amda - HIIT training for me today, I think. Leaves me exhausted, but man, does it shred those calories!
  • amdawells
    amdawells Posts: 76 Member
    That's awesome! @snarlingcoyote Sounds like you're doing fantastic!