Should we go or should we stay?

Options
RaeBeeBaby
RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
Hi ladies- I hope that you are having a fabulous week so far! I know it's only Monday, but having a good attitude at the beginning of the week can carry you through to the weekend!

So, I joined this group a couple weeks ago hoping to find ladies my age with similar goals and attitudes. That HAS happened with those of you who are checking in. Unfortunately, I believe the owner of this group RocaRose is MIA. I have messaged her and she's on my friend list, but she hasn't replied to my message or logged into MFP for 2 weeks. Not sure she will be back. :'(

So the question for you all is this- Do you want to continue with this group or should we form a new one? Without the original owner we are somewhat limited on how things are managed within the group. We can't create events or post announcements without the owner. We can't change the "look" of the group (banner pics), and I don't think we can invite anyone else to participate (I could be wrong on this depending on how it was originally set up).

I've never created a group before, but would be willing to try if you all are on board. It can't be THAT difficult! I think it would be helpful to have more than one "owner" so we can share the fun! (If anyone wants to volunteer.)

Or we could give RocaRose another week or so to check in if you think this is being premature.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this!!

Replies

• AEPHubinc2015
    AEPHubinc2015 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sure! Start a new group and let us know where to join. Or have you already created one? Haven't seen a comment in here for ages.
    Meanwhile, other than one day (yesterday) that I went over my 1200 goal, I'm on tract and STILL haven't lost an ounce. It looks like I did because my scale had a senior moment and showed a 3 pound loss at one point but every day since then I've been half a pound down from my original starting point.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I agree. Start a new group and send invites to all of the current members of this group. Thank you for your efforts, RaeBeeBaby.
  • momhealthac
    momhealthac Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Agree, post here to let us know the name of group
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Thanks for chiming in!! I will start a new group, but will probably wait until next week to do it. I've got a big event coming up over Memorial weekend with a family reunion. Somehow I ended up the event coordinator (and it's not even MY family - it's hubby's!)

Hope everyone is doing well this week! I've been mostly doing yardwork and trying to get my garden in. If I didn't eat so much produce, I'd almost think it wasn't worth it. However, I know I save a lot of money eating out of my own yard for the summer months and beyond. It's also rewarding to eat something you've grown yourself!
  • AEPHubinc2015
    AEPHubinc2015 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I live in Israel. Every 7th year we have something called "shmita" which means we have to let the soil rest. There are a lot of restrictions what people can grow and (for commercial farmers) how much they can charge for their produce. It's a big mess and I just stick to flowers in containers and stay away from growing anything else.
    We have a Memorial Day baby, btw. She's turning 39 this year.
    Enjoy your big event, RaeBeeBaby. We'll be waiting patiently for our new group.
  • leti5748
    leti5748 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day, RaeBeeBaby, We had our May holiday last week here in Canada. I am interested if you start a new group. Please keep posted and feel free to add me if you widh.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Thanks for chiming in!! I will start a new group, but will probably wait until next week to do it. I've got a big event coming up over Memorial weekend with a family reunion. Somehow I ended up the event coordinator (and it's not even MY family - it's hubby's!)

Hope you had a successful event and a fun weekend!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

Hope you had a successful event and a fun weekend!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Hey ladies (if anyone is still around). I've been MIA lately. Weather here in Oregon has been lovely and I've been outside a lot working in my garden and flower beds, plus playing disc golf with my hubby.

I'm having second thoughts about creating a new group due to the time commitment required, and how busy I will be this summer. If I don't see any posts on here, I will probably leave this group and just friend request each of you so we can keep in touch.