Discouraged, feel like giving up.

Options
amliotta
amliotta Posts: 4 Member
Once again I have been working my butt off, watching calories excercising, the whole thing. And yet I step on the scale to find I have GAINED! It makes no sense, yet it always happens. Today I just want to give up and eat. :(

Replies

• jingerbird
    jingerbird Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling so well. I feel like that most days. I stick to my calories everyday, walk instead of driving and fight not to eat high calorie foods. I'm not having a good time at the moment with work stress and XH and I am so tempted to throw it all away and stuff my face.

I don't want to go back to being 300lbs and that is my only motivation. So today, i am going to eat a little more than I should, go home, have a really hot bath and crawl into bed. Hopefully, I will be feeling more positive and much more able to cope with every day life.

Good luck to you Amliotta. Let's not stop fighting together! :)
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Are you stressed out? That can help keep weight on. Are you weighing yourself every day? STOP. Weight goes up and down, water weight can fluctuate SO much (I am low carb, the first month I lost and gained back10 lbs of water weight). When I have my "monthly" my weight can go up as much as 7 lbs in a day. Are you running or lifting weights? Remember muscle is heavier than fat, so your weight might go up while your measurements go down, OR you might be in a stall for another reason. Try to be patient. I have days where I just give up and go WAY over my calories, but try to stay in my carbs. And then maybe a day or two later, I will eat under my calorie goal for a few days to make up for it. I guess I have to keep telling myself, this is a LIFE CHANGE, not a diet. Therefore, I won't be perfect everyday, the scale will go up and down, I will STALL :neutral: but down the line, in a few weeks, I will be SO glad I didn't give in and have a long binge and have to START OVER. You can do it!!!
  • allegrettoandante
    allegrettoandante Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Agree, stop weighing. It's not worth the stress.