Update of my progress; the long haul

Options
annieboomboom
annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
I started Jan. 15. Like others, I struggled as I heard stories of 40lb losses in a matter of months.

It simply wasn't going to happen that way for me. I am also doing this scale-less because of the disappointment I didn't want to face. The changes were so minimal, so slow, so not what I was expecting. I went were the brave only go: more fat. No draining the frying pan of bacon grease before my eggs went in. < 20 grams of carbs and this; meat only. Yup. Meat and eggs and fat. Yesterday, I had some broccoli slaw with mayo. The first veggie in weeks.

But now I see the difference. Oh sure, my body is the same shape; larger tum, big butt and thighs, thick arms, but it is smaller the same. Smaller. Not the same size. Smaller. My clothes really are looser, not just my hoping they are.

My struggle is slow. But it is going in the right direction, slow. My appetite is under control, energy good, mood stable.

For all of you struggling for faster , bigger results slow down and wait it out. No cheat days. Commit.

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! Congratulations on your progress! It's nice to see changes. I lost pretty quickly at first, but I hit 25 lbs and what feels like a brick wall... but the overall trend is downward/smaller, and that's what I want. :-)
  • cinhen1959
    cinhen1959 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It feels great doesn't it? Good job. Keep going!
  • ToriJ84
    ToriJ84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Progress! :)