what is your go to workout?

Options
chrissyfitter
chrissyfitter Posts: 67 Member
Mine is walking 3.5 miles up a dirt road.
I'm 5'4
Hw 146.8
Cw 137.1
Gw 130-135

Replies

• ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I do sports (running, gymnastics), but except for long runs I think the majority of my exercise energy burns goes to walking my dogs. We walk probably 3 or 4 miles a day and my neighborhood has a lot of hills I like to take advantage of.

5'2"
    HW 125
    CW 112
    GW 105
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I like to walk at the beach, particularly Torrey Pines where I can go up hill and then down towards the water. I'd have to say walking..lots of it.
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Similar stats to the original poster (5'5", HW in the low 150s, CW 140-ish, GW 135). I walk 1-2 miles/day in my commute and at lunch, run 3-4 times/week, do strength training and/or yoga 1-2 times/week :) I started running a few years ago and have now completed several half marathons, signing up for future races keeps me motivated to workout haha
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @Speed...how I envy your walks on the beach!

Walking used to be my "go to". It's great exercise and restores the mind as much as the body. Since she was 2 months old I have been doing care for my now-age 3-granddarling. She's never liked the stroller so my regular walking routine went by the wayside....as did most of my exercise!

I'm trying to "restart" a pattern of exercise (I am "She of Many False Starts") but now I'm focusing on finding a routine to do strength training with dumb bells at home. I put together a workout that is sort of based on Stronglifts but with an extra shot of arm exercises. I'm hoping to make this my "go to" workout!

For anyone interested here's what I've put together:

10 reps each exercise/3 sets each (I go through the whole routine once and then 2 more times):

Dumb bell row

Dumb bell press or fly on stability ball

Goblet squat with dumb bell

Triceps extension

Deadlift

Overhead press

Bicycle crunches (20)

One leg weighted bridge (10 reps each leg)

Chicken wings

Hammer curls

Triceps kickbacks

Bicep curls

It might seem like a lot but actually I can get through the whole workout (3 sets) in about 40 minutes.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a great workout...Resolve......I am so looking forward to moving so I will have the room to work out at home, I so HATE going to the gym. I put on a dvd or music and get totally into it and motivated.
    Yeah.....I love my walking but need to do more strength training.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Resolve - that is mighty impressive. Good job!!

I am a Leslie Sansone DVD nut. She got me back into working out after a shoulder injury a year ago. I especially like the routines with weights and resistance bands. I'm horrendous at lunges and squats but I'm doing them. I am to the point where I "run" through much of the workouts rather than walk. Some folks complain about her peppy banter but I find it comforting. Whatever works, right? :)