New to LCHF--Need Friends to support me :)

Options
_jayciemarie_
_jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
I just started following LCHF after realizing that eating 200-250 carbs a day while having PCOS is preventing me from losing weight. I'm following it loosely as I have cut back to less than 100 carbs a day (netting much less). In the first week I have lost 7lbs. I know this is just water weight, but I feel my body is following everything that I have read thus far. Most of my friends on here follow a low calorie diet--paying no attention to macros, so their diaries don't help me much. I am open to suggestions and new friendships. I promise, I don't bite :)

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm a couple of months in and log my foods. Right now I am in the almost middle of the meativore May challenge so if you want to see a higher carb diet look at April and before. Welcome and good luck!
  • spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have been eating lchf for almost a year. I love it. I also have low cal and exercise like crazy mfp friends. To each their own. I'd rather not torture myself. Hah! But I get why seeing those posts might not be the best.

Feel free to add me!
  • Japkoo
    Japkoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been doing lchf for almost 6 mnths. I love lchf, I have lost 55lbs!!

Add me!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I've been low carbing for almost 3 months. Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am starting this today. I was injured a year ago and waiting for spinal surgery, so no real exercise for me and I am gaining weight. I want to lose weight and get healthy again and I am sure the weight loss will make my recovery easier. My main issue will be that I hate meat...sigh..
  • SazzySuze
    SazzySuze Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to it, too. Anyone can feel free to add me. I love mutual support.
  • goddessheatherr
    goddessheatherr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im new too! Doing a lot of research before I do start but would love friends that I can get tips from! Thanks
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me. I'm not currently logging but will when and if I hit a plateau. For now, I'm trying to obey hunger cues.
  • me_ona_diet
    me_ona_diet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you have success! I've also got PCOS, and am looking to lose weight to help with knee injury and arthritis. Feel free to add me. I've been LCHF for just over 2 months, been here logging food for about two weeks, and my diary should be visible to friends. :)
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am new too, and I must have my goals set wrong on this thing because with low carb I should be able to increase meat and fat? but on the MFP log it tells me I am way over. I don't care though because I know that last time I cut carbs I could increase fats like cheese, and meats and it wasn't a problem.