Week 1 Check-in (closes May 19)

Options

Replies

• kikalique
    kikalique Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey Sherm98, have you thought about getting a pedometer? They are pretty cheap (I've seen them for $5 at Target/Walmart), and you can just attach them to your sneakers or pants for easy tracking. They aren't perfect, but it may help a bit!
  • MzLaLa29
    MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Day 3:

Green: yes (2 of 21)
    Goals: 64oz of water
    Move: over 7,000 steps and one workout logged
  • MzLaLa29
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You all are doing great! I had a rough day. I overslept which means I missed my AM workout and I didn't pack lunch or snacks cuz I was too lazy to meal prep last night. I managed to create a meal moderate in calories at Wendy's. After work, hubby took my son to the barbershop so I went straight home to get my zumba on! Got my steps in and hopefully enough cals burned to fit this chocolate biscotti in LOL By the way, my diary is open in case anyone is ever curious.

Commitment is the key, but accountability lets you in. Don't be stuck outside. (That was adapted from a different quote. What y'all think?)

Okay goodnight y'all. I look forward to reading your updates tomorrow.
  • mercijourney
    mercijourney Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So far so good! I have been having an almond milk/mixed fruit/amazing grass (wheat grass powder) smoothie every morning, a lean cuisine for lunch and dinner (not the best food I know, but I will eat too much if I eat what I am preparing for my kids), and an orange or yogurt for snack. I have made my food goal every day this week (1200 calories) and have already lost a few pounds! I have been stretching and doing squats in the morning but have been slacking on exercise these last few days. I also need to get my water intake up!
  • sherm98
    sherm98 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    May 14:
    Completed the following:
    Goal #1: Drink only water, with the exception of 1 cup of coffee per day if wanted
    Goal#2: Stay green with food and log every morsel that enters my mouth
    Goal #3: Exercise at least 15 times in the 21 days - still on track to complete
    Goal: Lose 10 pounds- Down a few ounces. :)
    Goal #4: Increase my steps

Not completed:
    NONE!!!
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    MzLaLa29 wrote: »
    You all are doing great! I had a rough day. I overslept which means I missed my AM workout and I didn't pack lunch or snacks cuz I was too lazy to meal prep last night. I managed to create a meal moderate in calories at Wendy's. After work, hubby took my son to the barbershop so I went straight home to get my zumba on! Got my steps in and hopefully enough cals burned to fit this chocolate biscotti in LOL By the way, my diary is open in case anyone is ever curious.

Commitment is the key, but accountability lets you in. Don't be stuck outside. (That was adapted from a different quote. What y'all think?)

Okay goodnight y'all. I look forward to reading your updates tomorrow.
    I like your quote adaption :smile:
    Yesterday I not only fell off the wagon, but then I ate everything I could find (including the wagon)! sigh
    But today is a new day and I feel crummy-a good reminder that my body does not like it when I do this to myself!

• MzLaLa29
    Options
    Awww, Cheryl! Go take a peek at my diary. I space my meals out and include little treats in there to keep from binging. My zero cal herbal teas are fruit flavored so I can enjoy a little sweetness with no added sugars. And I MUST have my chocolate biscotti every night even if I have to do a quick workout.

If you look right now, my cals are red. After my workout it will be green. I most certainly plan to have that curry chicken I logged but haven't eaten yet. I have to put the work in to "earn" it. See how that works?

On top of all that, drinking my 64oz of water keeps me feeling full. Lastly, I go to bed by 10pm. This way I get my eight hours of sleep, I can get up early enough for an AM workout, and I avoid late night snacking which I tend to do.

Tomorrow is a new day!
  • borntowin4me
    borntowin4me Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    day 3 May 14
    I ate way under my calories yesterday ( which I know is not good but it definitely won't become a habit because I like eating lol) So under 1400 which means I was in the green :smile:

I only drank water
    Did not work out
    So 2 out of 3.

I really am determined to do better on the workouts. I'm usually tired in the evening and ignore my "workout alarm" in the mornings. But I resolve to do better.

• borntowin4me
    Options
    Congrats to everyone so far! @downongreenacres Congrats on staying accountable! That's one of my biggest faux pas. If I fall off the wagon and eat the whole wagon I never stay accountable. So I admire you for doing that :)
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    ya'll are funny! I will have to use "ate the wagon" in the future lol
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    MzLaLa29 wrote: »
    Awww, Cheryl! Go take a peek at my diary. I space my meals out and include little treats in there to keep from binging. My zero cal herbal teas are fruit flavored so I can enjoy a little sweetness with no added sugars. And I MUST have my chocolate biscotti every night even if I have to do a quick workout.

If you look right now, my cals are red. After my workout it will be green. I most certainly plan to have that curry chicken I logged but haven't eaten yet. I have to put the work in to "earn" it. See how that works?

On top of all that, drinking my 64oz of water keeps me feeling full. Lastly, I go to bed by 10pm. This way I get my eight hours of sleep, I can get up early enough for an AM workout, and I avoid late night snacking which I tend to do.

Tomorrow is a new day!
    Thanks for the support-I know what I did "wrong". I swim before work and I usually bring healthy snacks to work and did not...ended up getting off work tired and hungry which is never a good combination :(
    But today is much better and even though I am putting in a 12 hour shift I am well-prepared to have a successful day!
    Thanks again for the support and the suggestions.

• downongreenacres
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for the support! In the past I would have gone into a complete freefall...the support definitely helps. :smiley:
  • OliviaMG1
    OliviaMG1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good evening! I missed my check-in yesterday, because I was out & about watching the CAVS game! Woohoo! Although I had a few cocktails, I stayed within my calories because I didn't eat much earlier in the day. Today, I had a good workout; I did 4.5 miles of intervals (run/walk 3:1). I have stayed on track for most of the day. Now, I just have to make sure I don't overeat this evening. I am trying to stay extra hydrated since my half marathon is on Sunday. I weighed in at 168.4 this morning. So the bloat is slowly going down. I am looking forward to the race being over so that I can commit to my strength workouts. Have a great day all!
  • borntowin4me
    Options
    Day 4, May 15
    Goal #1- I ate under 1400 calories
    Goal # 2- Work out- did 30 minutes on the treadmill.
    Goal #3- Drink only water, no soda- yes, drank only water

I had to force myself to work out. I didn't end up doing it until 8:30 pm but I did it! And I'm glad I did! I need to get on the weight lifting but something is better than nothing. Hopefully I will hit the weights tomorrow.

• OliviaMG1
    Options
    Did well. With my water. No workout, just yard work. My half marathon is tomorrow....yikes
  • OliviaMG1
    Options
    Idk where the rest of my post went :-/ I will update tomorrow!
  • borntowin4me
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Day 5 May 16
    Goal #1- I ate under 1400 calories- 1396 actually ( I ate fried chicken and 2 cookies and factored them into my calories, not the greatest but under calories is a plus!)
    Goal #2- I drank only water and dandelion tea (which I count as water cuz no sugar, no milk, no calories)
    Goal #3- No workout today. I just didn't feel like it. *sigh* I really need to do better on the workout front.

Good luck on your half marathon @OliviaMG1 !!
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    OliviaMG1 wrote: »
    Did well. With my water. No workout, just yard work. My half marathon is tomorrow....yikes

Good luck tomorrow @OliviaMG1 !!!
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    Ya'll, I'm so stinking tired! lol I fell asleep after my Friday night didn't go as planned, so I'm posting for two days now.

Day 4: 300 steps short, only half my water intake (32oz), GREEN calorie count, no workout logged BUMMER!!!

Day 5: 10,000+ steps!, one workout, 64oz water, GREEN calorie count

My activity tracker decided not to sync today so if my diary looks weird tomorrow that's why. I had to err on the side of caution b/c I know my numbers are not accurate as it shows. Anyhoo, my weekend has been rather interesting and I have an early day tomorrow. Night ya'll!!!
  • borntowin4me
    Options
    Day 6, May 16:

1. Green in calories
    2. Workout complete ( 30 mins on treadmill)
    3. Only drank water
    Good day for me. Glad I got the workout in- I always feel better when I do.

How was the half marathon @OliviaMG1 ?
This discussion has been closed.