strange BG

Options
docssj
docssj Posts: 39 Member
Hey all my name is S.J and ive been diabetic for more than 8years it was discovered at time if been pregnant
Im type 2 and have been off insulin now for 5months i take 2metformin twice a day
In three weeks my hb1ac had gone up from 9.4 to 10

So the clinic put me on byrdureon and i keep gettin a skin rash i look like im hypo all the time and my sugars showin 14+

If anyone could advice me id be so thankful

I feel at my wits end as im still losin both weight and inches every week

Feel free to add

S.J

Replies

• LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about bydureon but any medication that causes a rash should be discontinued immediately and make a call to your doctor.

From http://www.bydureon.com/
    Do not take BYDUREON if you have had an allergic reaction to exenatide or any of the other ingredients in BYDUREON. Severe allergic reactions can happen with BYDUREON. Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction to BYDUREON are severe rash or itching, swelling of your face, lips, and throat that may cause difficulty breathing or swallowing, feeling faint or dizzy and very rapid heartbeat. If you have any symptoms of a severe allergic reaction, stop taking BYDUREON and call your healthcare provider right away.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    ditto. a rash is a no no. and rather scary! please call your doctor. You can friend me if you like. I am a lot older but I looked at your profile pic and almost laughed since we are sOOO SIMILAR in body shape. I have had success at losing for the first time in my life and I will cheer you on to lose too! I SOOO wish I had done this in my 30's rather than an 58. I lost a lot of years fat and you are so lucky to be young. You can beat the fat and you can crush the diabetes. I am also type 2 beginning with gestational diabetes like you. We have a lot in common cept you live in Ireland and I live in Texas....but I am a redhead! lol
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You are have allergic reaction to the new medication. You need to call your Dr right now. Allergic action to meds is not something to mess around with.