Childhood foods

Options
Angelszophia
Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
I grew up eating custards & ice cream. They r my cheat foods...im glad i quitted pizza but couldnt remove sweet dairy. What r ur cheat foods?

Replies

• curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of fast food growing up - McDonald's especially. If I weren't vegan now, I'd being eating McD's once a month or something. Also, I wish I could still eat Spaghetti-O's and Kraft Mac N Cheese. I've got a soft spot for the crap food from my childhood!
  • jingerbird
    jingerbird Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We were given lots of cheap foods when we were kids, mostly that weren't very healthy and hardly ever fresh veg.

Sandwiches were a staple and those are my go to foods now, especially fried eggs and Mayo. If I need an emotional 'food' now, that's what I crave for.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fried stuff, not from my parents, but aunts. Fried Chicken, fried fish, Mac and cheese, and croissants.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    As a child I mostly ate hard boiled eggs, pringles, cranberry juice, and chicken noodle soup. I have an eating disorder called ARFID (avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder) that used to be known as SED (selective eating disorder), so I only eat certain foods and have since I was taken off of the bottle. My binge foods now are ice cream, chocolate chip cookie dough Blizzards with extra cookie dough from DQ, yellow cake, chocolate chip cookie cake, Hershey's Cookies'N Creme bars and drops, thumbprint cookies, and pretty much any other sweet food I can find that I actually like. If they didn't have calories those are probably all I'd eat to be honest. And pizza...5 cheese pizza with no red sauce.