What was your AHA! moment?

Options
Autumnfilly2005
Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
After starting and stopping the c25k program several times, I'm finally in week 7, and about to graduate next week. When I first started, I would have sworn I could never run for as long as I do now. However, for the last three weeks, I've known I could do it. Since day 1 of week 4, I've had no fear when it comes to running. I feel like I can run for much longer than the 25 minutes that is my current running length. See, w4d1 was my AHA! moment. That was the first time I ran five minutes straight, which is more than I have ever run in my life. Once I did five minutes, I knew I could do anything. The first 20 minute run didn't even scare me. I was 14 minutes into it before I even bothered to look at my phone.

So what was your AHA! moment, when you knew you could do this? For me, it was the first 5 minutes of week 4.

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    It was W5D1 when I finally discovered I could run slower and went outside. My ego left the dreadmill at 10km/hr and it was hard. I went outside and ran at whatever pace I needed to, no clock/display watching, I converted W5D3 into a 30 min run as a result, I just went slower 8.5 km/hr. Week 6 was the low spot in terms of speed, 8 km/hr but after that I focussed on time and now run 10 miles for fun. It was all in my head!!
  • rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for it......
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That's very encouraging! I haven't yet either but I did finally conquer that 5 minutes haha.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    W6D2. I went for a 2.5 mile run with my 15 year old, and just kept going. Its better with him; he's a GRET cheerleader. He kept saying, "well we went this far, let's just keep going till we get right there", and "we've gone this far, let's see if we can go this far." It was slow. I kept running, but he was able to walk fast and keep up (his legs are a lot longer than mine, though). When my app said "Time: 40 minutes. Distance: 3.19 miles..." That was my moment! 6 1/2 weeks in, and I was able to run a 5K!