Would this work for any of you?

Options
snowy_sk
snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
I'm just having a think about what would deter me from having a binge. Lots of people say to take deep breaths, go for a walk etc, but for me that would just delay the urge. However, if I had to DO something first, then I might feel differently. For example, if I told myself that I was allowed to binge, provided that I ate an apple/orange first, then I'm pretty sure that I couldn't be bothered!

Any thoughts? xx

Replies

• Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I agree that delay is key. I'm going to try for a full bottle of water first - easy to always keep one available.
  • Anadora92
    Anadora92 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this would work (for me personally anyway) I've found when I'm in that mind set even eating one little thing will cause me to go and find something else afterwards because I wouldn't feel satisfied. I've found that I binge less during the night now because when I feel the urge I clean my teeth and go to bed, so remove myself from the temptation downstairs. So now I find the urge comes during the day instead! There seems to be no escaping. Maybe trying to plan meals and times to eat could help, tell yourself I'll have my lunch at 1 and then I'm allowed to have a snack at 2:30, another at 4 and then have my evening meal at 6. It's something I've started trying to regulate what I eat and when, then I can log what I eat and plan the day around it and sometimes if I force myself to wait until a certain time, I end up getting distracted by something and when the time comes don't want to eat...It doesn't always work, if there's an emotional trigger, but it's certainly helped me cut down the amount of times I do it