Slippery slope...Cheating and still losing

Options
Jennadawinna
Jennadawinna Posts: 17 Member
So the past few weeks I've had cheats here and there even though my coach explicitly said not to cheat even once. I was traveling out of town for a wedding and stayed on plan most of the time but did have the champagne toast and a bit of cake and then another day had hot wings at a bar. This past week I ended up having 1 glass of wine and for Mother's Day was treated out for breakfast and had an omelet (with cheese) and bacon. I've mostly stayed on plan and my cheats are mainly fatty meats, cheese, or alcohol.

Despite all this, I lost more weight (6 lb) in the past 2 weeks than I did sticking to plan (only averaging about 2 lb a week). What are everyone's thoughts on a cheat here and there? Personally, staying on a plan for months without ever having a cheat doesn't seem sustainable. I don't have cravings for any of the cheats and am able to go back to being strictly on plan immediately afterward.

Replies

• TilMyLastDay
    TilMyLastDay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's not about perfection, because none of us are. I believe slow and steady wins the race. 1 or 2 bad meals don't make you fat anymore than 1 or 2 good ones make you skinny! I'm justifying my response because I'm in the same boat, and relate to what you're saying. I start Phase 3 this week....yikes.
  • xmccalla
    xmccalla Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are lucky! I cheated last week, and then went bonkers with it. Some people seem to have no trouble, some do. If it's working for you, and you are still losing and are comfortable with it, it's all about what works for each of us i suppose. Wine.... :)