Anyone ideas for quick fat bombs? :)
Thanks

Replies

• Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrmjiUr_mA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMlAHcwL0uw

I made some youtube videos with recipe and instructions.
  • bikerchick2012
    bikerchick2012 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "all the fat" love this! Thank you for posting! <3
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    14 oz Unrefined coconut oil (14 oz jar)
    1 stick or equivalent of good butter
    3 Tbs (15g) Unsweetened cocoa powder
    15-20 drops EZ Sweets (or equivalent sweetener to taste)
    Almond extract 2-3 tsp to taste

Melt, stir well. I pour into two ice cube trays making 32 fat bombs at about .5 carbs each or less and 156 calories.

I have added peanut or almond butter in the past but it ups the carbs. I've used refined coconut oil for no coconut taste. I've used different flavored extract. I've used regular cocoa powder and Special Dark cocoa powder.

ETA: Two of these in two cups of coffee (in a giant cup) whipped with 1 serving of low carb chocolate protein powder is my breakfast almost every morning.
  • batlott
    batlott Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1 oz cream cheese
    1 tbs coconut oil
    1/4 or 1/8 tsp cinnamon
    1 packet or 2 drops stevia

Just mix It all together with a fork and eat.
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1 oz cream cheese
    1 tbs coconut oil
    1/4 or 1/8 tsp cinnamon
    1 packet or 2 drops stevia

Just mix It all together with a fork and eat.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'm low maintenance. I just eat a handful of macadamia nuts.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    I'm low maintenance. I just eat a handful of macadamia nuts.
    Yep.

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I threw some together a couple weeks ago consisting of butter, coconut oil, peanut butter, and unsweetened cocoa powder. They weren't bad for my first attempt at a fat bomb. Just a teeny bit sweet, as I didn't add any additional sweeteners.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I recently just had to cut these out of my eating plan, because it was way too easy for me to ignore serving size after a certain point. Once I cut them out, I lost 3 pounds in the last 7 days without changing any other facet of my diet/activity plan. Just forewarning if you were a total sweets junkie like me. I might be willing to make the bacon ones or something, but bacon is its own awesome fat bomb...
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm glad to hear somebody say that. I've often worried that fat bombs were diet busters. Calories matter.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I always wondered about that and never made them b/c I know my propensity for sweets. Don't want to pet that puppy. ;)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    It was a 6-week stall... It really wasn't even a carb creep. Just bad portion control and craving more sweets junk. I can have sweetener in my tea and LOADED AM Tea, but I sweeten only to take the edge off of the tannins in my tea, not to actual sweetness. That does not seem to make me crave sweet stuff. Also, if I find the minty/less palatable gum, I can neutralize that sweet urge, too, and even that I am needing less and less. I can't do the fruity ones though, or the ones with higher sugar alcohols... UGH. Rough. So for now, I'm just focusing on extra butter and coconut oil or pepperoni and cheese to get me through the extra fat needs until I can shop again.

It was dreadful cutting these out, but by the end of day 2 or 3, it was back to manageable...

And for the record, I'm still not counting calories, but that was a crazy aspect that was pushing me out of control.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    It was a 6-week stall... It really wasn't even a carb creep. Just bad portion control and craving more sweets junk. I can have sweetener in my tea and LOADED AM Tea, but I sweeten only to take the edge off of the tannins in my tea, not to actual sweetness. That does not seem to make me crave sweet stuff. Also, if I find the minty/less palatable gum, I can neutralize that sweet urge, too, and even that I am needing less and less. I can't do the fruity ones though, or the ones with higher sugar alcohols... UGH. Rough. So for now, I'm just focusing on extra butter and coconut oil or pepperoni and cheese to get me through the extra fat needs until I can shop again.

It was dreadful cutting these out, but by the end of day 2 or 3, it was back to manageable...

And for the record, I'm still not counting calories, but that was a crazy aspect that was pushing me out of control.

This happened to me too, I think. I made one batch of fat bombs for "special occasions" and found myself eating one or two every day until they were gone. Last night I considered making more but decided not to because they are TOO easy to eat and make me want more sweets ("sweet" being relative, as they weren't really all that sweet). I have the same problem with straight-up peanut butter, even the kind that's made entirely of peanuts and salt.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »

This happened to me too, I think. I made one batch of fat bombs for "special occasions" and found myself eating one or two every day until they were gone. Last night I considered making more but decided not to because they are TOO easy to eat and make me want more sweets ("sweet" being relative, as they weren't really all that sweet). I have the same problem with straight-up peanut butter, even the kind that's made entirely of peanuts and salt.

Yeah, I bought macadamia nuts to make homemade nut butter, but after my crazy fat bomb near-binge fest, I'm super reluctant to make it!!! LOL

Some fat bombs I can have in limited quantity. It seems like the ones with cream cheese and butter that taste like fruity cheesecake were my undoing. I've never had cheesecake or cream cheese frosting much before, because cream cheese always made me feel sick, so I can't compare it really, but it's the same ingredients... Once I added the fresh fruit puree, 4 portions became a serving, and I couldn't stop the compulsion of wanting more, more, MORE! So I stopped making them, and let my guy finish up the berries - which he's horrible about, which is why I hadn't wanted to "waste" them and at them my way...

I have a few different ones in my freezer, but haven't wanted them really. I preferred the "creamy" ones room temp like a pudding or tub of frosting, which made overconsumption easier, too. Since this WOE has helped me recover from former food compulsions, I really wanted to nip this in the bud! All the talk about Meativore May and cutting sweeteners really had me thinking!
  • DianaElena76
    Options

Yeah, I bought macadamia nuts to make homemade nut butter, but after my crazy fat bomb near-binge fest, I'm super reluctant to make it!!! LOL

Some fat bombs I can have in limited quantity. It seems like the ones with cream cheese and butter that taste like fruity cheesecake were my undoing. I've never had cheesecake or cream cheese frosting much before, because cream cheese always made me feel sick, so I can't compare it really, but it's the same ingredients... Once I added the fresh fruit puree, 4 portions became a serving, and I couldn't stop the compulsion of wanting more, more, MORE! So I stopped making them, and let my guy finish up the berries - which he's horrible about, which is why I hadn't wanted to "waste" them and at them my way...

I have a few different ones in my freezer, but haven't wanted them really. I preferred the "creamy" ones room temp like a pudding or tub of frosting, which made overconsumption easier, too. Since this WOE has helped me recover from former food compulsions, I really wanted to nip this in the bud! All the talk about Meativore May and cutting sweeteners really had me thinking!

I have to call this a NSV--the wherewithal and ability to say "enough is enough." Good job!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

I have to call this a NSV--the wherewithal and ability to say "enough is enough." Good job!

Thanks... The scale agrees so far....