hi

Options
geraldaltman
geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
Just joined group. I am into the 2nd month of my 60th year, the 2nd month of my retirement and the 2nd month of perhaps the most focused and serious attempt at fitness since my youth. I am single living alone in NJ. My exercise routine began in earnest on April 2, with a return to Y and water walking and swimming at their pool. At home I try to fill in with treadmill walks and work with a resistance band. Shortly after, I returned to MFB to get back to eating a little better. As I just started, I have only losr a couple of pounds. That sure is better than gaining for sure. I look forward to the supportiveness of groups, especially contemporaries. I am not really seeking MFP friends.

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Welcome. We are a friendly and supportive group of men and women over 60. We have some ongoing chats about interesting reads, recipes and tips, and do a monthly self determined challenge as well.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Gerald. Congratulations on your retirement. Sounds like your 60's are off to a great start! ~ Kathy in Massachusetts
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the retirement. And welcome.
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have 6 more weeks of work and then retirement! This is a great group for support, encouragement, and general friendship.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Hey Gerald. How are you coming along? Men usually have such good results, it is delight to hear about them.