What do you pair burgers with?

Options

Replies

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I'm going to make burgers tomorrow with ground beef and pork.

What kind of pork do you use?

I get most of my meat right from the farm. The beef is grassfed and the pork and poultry are pastured, organic. The pork is heritage, Berkshire and mulefoot breeds, very tasty and unlike conventional pork. It is darker in colour and has a much richer flavour than regular farmed pork. However, I ran out of ground pork, so had to buy some conventional pork today. If I have to go to the store, I try to buy the least harmful, ie, if it can't be organic and pastured, I'll get the kind that claims to be hormone free etc.

For burgers, I use ground meat, so will use 2/3 ground grass fed beef and 1/3 ground pork. For this year's farm subscription, I ordered extra ground beef and pork, so soon will have the best and won't have to buy extra ground pork at the store.

that sounds absolutely delicious! the only way to make it even better is to do 1/3 beef, 1/3 veal, and 1/3 pork. OMG! So tender and juicy.

• GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    For those of you who eat Frankenfoods like I do, The Great Low Carb Bread Company makes hamburger buns that are 2 net carbs. Helps keep all the bacon, cheese, avocado & salsa on one's burger.
  • SazzySuze
    SazzySuze Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you mean like a side dish, I like mine with egg salad or Cole Slaw made with Splenda.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Friday night I had a burger (just ground beef made into a patty and fried). Topped with a slice of cheese, some bacon, and an egg. Drizzled sugar free barbeque sauce over the top. It was perfect :)
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    low carb honey mustard-not my recipe but i dont know where it came from. all amounts approximate cause I dont measure. I use this on a lot of things.

1 cup Duke's mayo
    healthy squirt yellow mustard
    1 tbs apple cider vinegar
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp paprika
    10-20 drops EZ Sweets or other sweetener

Mix. Refrigerate at least a cpl of hours
  • Keto_T
    Options
    mayo mixed with horseradish
  • Keto_T
    Options
    Also cole slaw dressing-not mine but i dont know where i got it. Great on burgers, chicken, shrimp, veggies, salads.

1 cup Duke's mayo
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 tbs celery seed
    1-2 Tbs ACV
    10-20 drops EZ Sweets or other sweetener

Mix. Refrigerate at least a cpl of hours.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Interesting. You guys call the meat IN the burger a burger itself? It's not a burger without buns here.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I do, but I suppose technically the burger without a bun is a ground beef patty.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Or a hamburger steak in our house.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Why not slice the meat patty in half and make that the bun....and put your toppings and cheese in the middle ? Then maybe you could call it a burger ?

I call the meat patties burgers even without the bun. And we ate them just like burgers, but without the bun.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Veggies and mayo.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Why not slice the meat patty in half and make that the bun....and put your toppings and cheese in the middle ? Then maybe you could call it a burger ?

I call the meat patties burgers even without the bun. And we ate them just like burgers, but without the bun.

Or, if you have those thin, flat (kinda sad) patties, you can use two that way. I've done that before, works out well.

Since I eat it just like I would with a bun - topped with cheese, mayo, and bacon, usually -- I still call it a burger, too (besides, ground beef is, itself, generally referred to as hamburger, so there's that, too).
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I used to be a ketchup, mustard, pickle, tomato only person on burgers. In trying to help my guy use up the ketchup, I happened upon an idea triggered by a discussion with my BFF.

1 tsp or less ketchup
    1 tsp mustard (normal yellow kind is fine)
    1-2 TBSP mayo

Mix up and slather on your burger. You get a teeny bit of the sweet from the ketchup, tang from the ketchup and mustard, and fatty goodness from the mayo.

Add some pickle slices on a burger slathered with extra sharp cheese and I'm in heaven...

Sriracha mayo is also good for spice - 1 tsp sriracha to 5 TBSP or so of mayo, to taste.

And if I'm out and about, I love just mayo and mustard in near equal parts slathered on a good burger, with or without cheese.

LOL - when I first read this, I thought you were going to ask about what side dishes to have. I was going to say....

I like my burger with a side of burger!
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Well, I HAD been wondering what to make for dinner tonight...
    I had better go thaw the ground beef!
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    Interesting. You guys call the meat IN the burger a burger itself? It's not a burger without buns here.

Lol. I'm from the South; we generalize everything here. Like, anything remotely carbonated is Coke.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I made burgers last night. I made bacon also to go on top, with melted American cheese. I had. Avocado and mayo on the side. It was very filling, wasn't even able to finish it!!
  • EarthAmber
    EarthAmber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat burgers with avocado, Frank's buffalo sauce and romaine. So so good.
  • radonskies
    radonskies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    a really good piece of cheese, a fried egg, and then some mayo mixed with sriracha.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My burger goes like this: bbq'd with Montreal steak spice, topped with cheddar cheese, red onion, tomato, dill pickle, mayo, mustard and wrapped in the outer leaves of an Iceberg lettuce.