Heartburn Free

Options
GregSponaugle
GregSponaugle Posts: 5 Member
I had been a low carb diet years ago and lost 100lbs over the course of a year. I recently started back on the diet again and just like before...no heartburn. There must be some correlation between sugars/ food breakdown into sugars and heartburn. I still eat very hot and spicy dishes that would have prompted an attack if I was eating regular food. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have had heartburn maybe twice since I started this WOE in February, whereas on a carboholic diet I had it almost every day.
  • Ashar33
    Ashar33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I first noticed that I had acid reflux a few years ago when I was working at a hotel that served fresh baked cookies at the front desk. So obviously, us girls at the front desk ate cookies all of the time. And I had horrible heartburn all of the time. I always assumed it was the butter in the cookies, and my doctor said it probably was too. But you know what? I'm just now realizing after reading your post that I've had a TON of butter since I started Keto and I haven't had heartburn a single time. And I used to get it at least every other day.
    Ashley
    Friend requests are more than welcome! Fair warning though, I love to spy on what friends are eating and ask questions. Definitely not unheard of for me to hit up a stranger with a question like, "do those minute muffins taste good?". =] Pretty new to doing Keto so the more help and advice I can get the better!
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing that... I used to get it from carb binges that lasted more than a few days. Since starting LCHF and more specifically since going ZC, I have it EVERY DAY! Gah! Going to see the doctor (again) because now it's complicating my asthma, so .... I'm going to see if she can do something.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Yup it pretty much ended my heartburn. If I do have a bit of it.... It is not near as bad as it used to be.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    When you don't have to use up all the stomach acids to digest the carbs before they touch the fats, your fats get digested properly, and don't cause heartburn...
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    For me, simply losing weight got me off my heartburn meds before I ever even went keto.