How are you logging in exercise if you just have a busy day?

Options
cvpastore
cvpastore Posts: 30 Member
I recently unsinced my Fitbit and MPF because I was getting so many adjustments and felt I was eating too much. I only lost 1.5 lbs in 4 weeks. MPF has me at 1200 calories so now I just add the exercise calories in from my HRM. Today I was busy - walked a leisure 5k for charity and walked about 19k steps on my FB. How would you recommend adding in calories/exercise for a day like this?

Replies

• snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I would calculate out how many minutes I walked and how fast I was walking and plug it into MFP. I may do this myself. I'm not losing, although I'm still losing fat, and I'm worried it's due to Fitbit giving me too many calories. I know it's not that I've set my RMR too high - I had that calculated at a clinic - so that leaves Fitbit.
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out IIFYM.com? They do calorie calculations that take into account activity. That way, you don't have to track your exercise, you just eat according to your normal day.
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I put inthe lowest rate of walking and put in half the min.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    If you walked a 5k, I'd at least put that into MFP. It does have walking in the exercise db. I only put in actual exercise most of the time and don't worry about things like steps. The only time it gets weird is if I've done something like volunteer at a triathlon. I know I'm moving around and lifting things during my 4-6 hours shift but it's really hard to quantify as I'm staying within a 100 yard radius of the aid station or a 25 ft radius when I'm out on the course directing traffic.