gum

Options
loribethrice
loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
Does anyone else chew sugarless gum so that they don't give into their binges? I've been doing this, but I chew so much that I make myself physically ill. I guess it's the sorbitol. I chew 3-5 packs a night at work.

Replies

• tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I dont necessairly chew gum, but I like to be doing something with my mouth so I can relate.

Have you considered vaping non-nicotine juice in a vape pen? Thats what I do, I put like cotton candy flavour in it and puff away. If your office has a scent rule or you have to use your hands alot it might not work.

Other alternatives I can think of are drinking water/chewing ice, applying delicious lip balm all the time or my dad got in this habit of chewing matchsticks (???)

Or you could pace yourself too, like say, one stick of gum per hour, even if you spit it out because its lost its flavour you dont allow yourself another piece till the next hour.

• loribethrice
    Options
    I drink about 2 gallons of water a day. I have for years. We aren't allowed to have e-cigarettes where I work. They're on the banned list with real cigarettes. I am always putting on Chapstick...I use a tube or two a week, lol. I'm making mysled super sick chewung the gum. It's giving me awful stomach cramps. I need to figure out how to just ignore the constant hunger and get some power over it. Even in the midst of eating I'm still starving.
  • allegrettoandante
    allegrettoandante Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dang, I thought I ate a lot of gum, I chew maybe 2-3 pieces a day. I get a crazy jaw ache if I eat more than one in a row, I guess that's my limiting factor to why I don't eat more.
  • loribethrice
    Options
    My jaw hurts really bad and gives me terrible migraines, but I feel like it stops me from eating and I'm not sure what else will. :/
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    For me it is not about hunger - it is about control, boredom, frustration/stress or sadness.

The chapstick idea might help me.. i will try that. I drink a lot of all natural flavored seltzer water, but I still want to eat. I thought about freezing flavored water for a popcicle..

Loribethrice - what about alternating between gum and and small ice cubes? Even flavored ice cubes?
  • loribethrice
    Options
    I guess I'd have to find some ice cubes. I drink tons of Smart Water all day long so I just throw each bottle away when I'm done.
  • mae918
    Options
    I guess I'd have to find some ice cubes. I drink tons of Smart Water all day long so I just throw each bottle away when I'm done.

I think I am going to put flavored water in an ice cube tray and then break those up so I have smaller ice chips. Worth a try! Just thought of it yesterday.
  • loribethrice
    Options
    mae918 wrote: »

I think I am going to put flavored water in an ice cube tray and then break those up so I have smaller ice chips. Worth a try! Just thought of it yesterday.

Good idea! I just need to go buy some ice trays now, lol.
  • mae918
    Options
    :):):)