Keto suggestions in Kansas City, MO

Teneko
Teneko Posts: 314 Member
Hey folks.

Cross-posting from another low-carb group. Sorry for those of you who are in both. Hoping to get a reply before our trip.

I'm heading back up to KCMO to visit family and was wondering if anybody in the area happened to have any suggestions for BBQ joints where my SO and I can pick up some 'Q that's not already slathered in sweet sauce or rub. Last time I was up up there, we were severely disappointed to discover that even the sauceless BRISKET was coated in a sugared rub. Blasphemy! We ended up stopping at Rudy's for some Texas-style smoked meats as soon as we got into Texas. :(

Now, I am already acquainted with non-BBQ restaurants that we can hit up for some food, but was hoping somebody might have some suggestions that is familiar with both the diet / lifestyle and the local KCMO offerings.

Thanks!

-T.

Replies

• ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    That's a tough one. I know our go to BBQ place is Bandana's for smoked meat without sauce or rubs.
  • Teneko
    Over in Independence, looks like. Well, it does look like it'll fit the bill. At least it's something.
    Thanks.
    Hope there are more options out there!

-T.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Maybe the reddit threads will have better luck?
  • Teneko
    As in on the reddit site itself? I've only ever...read it. Never created an account or posted. >_>

-T.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    There are reddit subgroups for Keto and such... think just reddit.com/keto or something... Others have posted links before, but I'm not a reddit person really. I read sometimes, but from what I understand, there are way more folks there, so you've got a far greater knowledge pool from which to gather info.
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    Check out The Blue Moose. There are several locations in the Kansas City area. They have some low carb options on the menu. I actually like going to Logan's and getting their 20 ounce bone in Ribeye steak. They also have a bone in Porterhouse steak. You can't go wrong with steak.
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    Jack Stack BBQ offers unsauced or dry ribs. They have three locations in KC, MO.
    jackstackbbq.com/splash-stores.aspx
  • Teneko
    The Quest for Brisket, coming soon to a keto dieter near you. >_>

-T.