Scale Fluctuations & Discouragement

Options
2»

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but look at a weekly average and an official weigh in day to assess progress.

I've also come to the conclusion that my arbitrary goal (based on Internet ideal weight calculators) is not necessarily appropriate for my lifestyle. (I eat moderately healthy foods most of the time, but allow myself treats. I workout most days). Yes, I could eat only leaves and twigs, and up my exercise from about 5-6 hours a week to 10-12 hours, but that is not the life I want to live. I want exercise and eating well to be a part of my life, not my entire life!! Age also changes things a bit. I'm guessing that I'm working against evolution to try to be the same weight I was 30 years ago. I think nature needs us to be a bit fluffier at an older age! (I'm not talking an unhealthy BMI here, I am saying being on the higher end of healthy, rather than the lower end).

But I totally agree that the fluctuations are very frustrating!
  • crane_noelle
    crane_noelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I never weigh myself after I ovulate because I always retain water until I get my period. It is just too darn discouraging.