Gained 6 lbs in 3 days

Options
dqgirl50
dqgirl50 Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone...been following LCHF diet for about 2 weeks...feel good and lost about 9 lbs...weighed myself today and horror... have gained 6 lbs... don't understand how that could happen... My carbs are low...salad...broccoli snap peas.. No more than 2 cups of salad and 1 cup of veggies per day...is the increased fat intake a reason? Have about 2 Tbs mayo...2 Tbs heavy cream-oil and vinegar dressing and cheddar cheese per day... No alcohol--seltzer and tea-1 cup of coffee per day...did eat some pork rinds...not retaining water...and no monthly cycle to worry about....maybe eating too large portions? Would like to know what you guys are eating...portion wise or some sample menus...need advice... Thanks

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    My diary is public if you want to peek--and feel free to friend me if you'd like. :)

I would say it sounds like you are eating less fat than I am, but each person is different.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diaries, how many calories do you eat and what are your macros. How much water? Do you workout?
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    6lbs in 3 days is almost certainly not fat gain, which means yes, it is water weight. The reason for it varies. Check out http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10067269/your-scale-is-a-lying-liarpants?new=1 for more detailed information.

In short, you're fine. Weight loss is not linear. The number on the scale will go up and down for a million different reasons. Don't look at the individual numbers, but rather the trends over weeks and months.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    dqgirl50 wrote: »
    Hi everyone...been following LCHF diet for about 2 weeks...feel good and lost about 9 lbs...weighed myself today and horror... have gained 6 lbs... don't understand how that could happen... My carbs are low...salad...broccoli snap peas.. No more than 2 cups of salad and 1 cup of veggies per day...is the increased fat intake a reason? Have about 2 Tbs mayo...2 Tbs heavy cream-oil and vinegar dressing and cheddar cheese per day... No alcohol--seltzer and tea-1 cup of coffee per day...did eat some pork rinds...not retaining water...and no monthly cycle to worry about....maybe eating too large portions? Would like to know what you guys are eating...portion wise or some sample menus...need advice... Thanks

I agree with all of the above... I'd just add, up your water. It sounds like water gain, and if so, upping your water can help get it back of with a quickness. I try to remember to look at the big picture. One single day is not what got you here, and one single day will not fix or destroy everything. (hugs)