Clean Eating and the MFP recommendations for "fat" per day

Options
Anyone else struggling with staying under the MFP recommended fat for the day while eating clean? Some of the clean eating staples (nut butters, almonds, flax seed, chia seed, etc.) are high in fat (good fat, but fat nonetheless), so one homemade protein ball has a major impact on my fat goal for the day. Any advice?

Replies

• cvpastore
    cvpastore Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing. I'm finding that I'm high on fat & low on protein in general. I try to start most days w/1 egg, 2 egg whites to get started right. I found that if I add a greek yogurt that helps with the protein and lower fat. The thing is I don't eat that much dairy so I'm bringing it back in my diet.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I edited my nutrition goals and made fat 45% and carbs 30%. I still tend to go over a bit unless I increase my calorie goal, too. Calories are at 1200 for me.
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I also changed my goals. The recommended carbs are too high, and the fat is too low. Fat gets a bad rap, because most Americans eat poor quality or processed fats.
  • makeitnasty184
    makeitnasty184 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Agree with others, I customized the daily macro goals. I have it set at 55% fat, 30% protein and 15% carbs. Fat is highly demonized for no reason, it's super important and you should be eating more fat than carbs for sure. Think of it like hydration. When you are dehydrated your body clings to water and you bloat. When you deprive your body of fat your body won't release fat stores and turns other nutrients, like carbs, into fat. It's not an identical process but the logic is somewhat the same.
  • RunningQuilter
    RunningQuilter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tend to be under in fat higher in carbs52% and protein .I usually only go over on fat when I eat meat.