Lost weight without a "diet"

Options
oliviakincke
oliviakincke Posts: 4 Member
Ive found it so much easier to lose weight without dieting! I used to think cutting out carbs, sugar, soda, fast food, frozen meals, whatever would help me lose weight. But realistically, how can I maintain that forever? I eat in moderation! I eat fast food a few times a week but I just don't eat a burger and fries. I stay away from milkshakes but I eat ice cream. I also found that a 1200 calorie diet is unrealistic to maintain also. Instead I eat 1300-1500 calories most days and I keep my metabolism guessing by throwing in a 1000-1200 calorie day once a week. Its so much easier to do these things everyday then miserably diet and cut out food groups for months at a time and then add them back and add the pounds back also!

Replies

• starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I take days off of my diet now and again. Yes staying off naughty thing is a big help if done most of the time. Being on low calories is difficult. Over time you realize how much you can eat and keep your weight down. Keep count when your weight goes up and take it off sooner r
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm not actually dieting either. I have MFP set up for maintenance. But I do attempt not to eat every single calorie allotted most days. I am not actually that concerned about weight. I want to have 15-20% body fat. If I weigh the same (due to muscles) but lose that fat, I'll be happy. And you have to feed muscles or they won't grow. :smiley:
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @MacMadame Check out IIFYM.com and the ideology if you haven't heard about it. I know a lot of people use it to change body composition without having to "diet"!