Goal weight question

Options
2»

Replies

• 925Sweetheart
    925Sweetheart Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All my gym friends keep telling me it's all about the mirror...not the scale. I'm finding this to be true
  • zahpay88
    zahpay88 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 120-125, I am 5'4" and currently 137.3. According to my BMI, I'm in the normal range, about 2 points from being overweight. I am weight training and doing cardio, and I'm satisfied with my results so far. :)
  • Sparkle7
    Sparkle7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of the comments here. Small boned people should typically weigh less than a large boned people of the same height. My friend and I are the same height but even at the same weight we are very different clothing sizes because of our differing bone structure.

Some is weight distribution. Check your waist / hip ratio to make sure it's in a healthy range.

Also, how do you look? Do you look chunky or scrawny at a certain weight? Maybe that's an indication you should modify. But, know that in N America we have "fat eye". Many slim people are called skinny and scrawny and they are actually a healthy, beautiful ideal. (And, I say that as someone who would have to work HARD to look skinny if it was even possible.)

Ultimately I picked a weight that was 5 lbs bigger than I was when I was 20, is just a teeny bit below the middle of my healthy weight range and makes me feel good. I don't go by sizes but for reference I'm 5'8", my waist to hip ratio is 0.63 and I wear a size 4/6 (sometimes 0 or 2 in dresses because I have a small frame). That all makes me appear slender with curves which is a look I like.

So I guess what I'm saying is weight is one important component but there are so many others. Enjoy your journey!
  • Sparkle7
    Sparkle7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    All my gym friends keep telling me it's all about the mirror...not the scale. I'm finding this to be true

I'd agree for people who are fitness oriented and understand that a healthy weight helps avoid disease. You're obviously in that camp because you have gym buddies and work out!