Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Toffee Iced Coffee Latte - low calorie, low sugar and low fat!

jessmorgan92
jessmorgan92 Posts: 2 Member
I absolutely LOVE flavoured iced coffees - especially the ones you get from coffee shops like starbucks. However, the amount of sugar and fat in them means I can't even justify them as a treat on a cheat day! SO I decided to come up with a low calorie, low sugar, low fat version that was easy to make. The recipe I use has less than 100 calories (depending on how much milk you use), is fat free and virtually no sugar!

For those that like flavoured coffee, you really need to invest in some of these: http://www.beaniesflavourco.co.uk/index.php/flavour-coffee-instant.html

Instant flavoured coffees that are sugar free and low calorie! There is a big range of different flavours and its all instant so you don't even need a coffee machine! They also do flavoured ground coffee for those of you that have a machine for it. Dowe Egberts also do a range of flavoured instant coffees too :). You can apparently buy sugar free flavoured syrups to put in your coffee but I have never been able to find them whereas the flavoured instant coffees are available in most UK supermarkets (although I think the beanies range is exclusive to Sainsburys)

This recipe is soo easy, only uses 3 ingredients and takes 5 minutes! All you need is a blender and VOILA! Great tasting iced coffee that is even frothy on top like they are from a proper coffee shop.

You will need:

-Ice cubes, fat free (or skimmed) milk and beanies cinder toffee instant coffee (tastes like caramel coffee)

Grab the cup of your choosing (I like to use a BIG plastic cup) and half fill with ice. Pour the milk to just under 3/4 of your cup so that it covers your ice.

In a separate (coffee) mug, put one teaspoon of the instant coffee and add some warm water. (I prefer to use warm as it makes the coffee dissolve faster than cold water!) Don't use boiling water as it will make the ice melt quicker. You don't need too much water, just enough to dissolve the coffee (ie. max 1/4 of the mug).

I also add 1 teaspoon of sweetener to the coffee as I don't like strong coffee - I prefer mine sweet. If you like strong coffee, you can add as much as you like. If you prefer sweet coffee, you can use more sweetener.

Pour the milk and ice in to your blender, then pour the coffee mixture on top. Blend (using ice crush function) for about 30 seconds or until the ice has been broken up.

Pour in to your cup and drink! Best when drunk with a straw as there will be a layer of frothy milk on top. Mmmm delicious :) and the best part is, they even do decaf flavoured coffee so you can enjoy these at any time of the day!