That first game that made you a gamer.

Options

Replies

• thanoshp
    thanoshp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Zelda ALTTP was the one for me then getting n64 and playing ocarina of time those got me hooked. I was really big on fighting games also like mortal kombat and street fighter.
  • lovabee
    lovabee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mario Kart on Nintendo 64. I played this all the time when I was around 8 years old. I didn't own a N64 myself, but went over to a friend's place to play. As I got older I only played on a GameBoy color every now and then and then later other random mini games on my first IPhone.

In 2011 I made the fatal decision to pay 0.79 € for a game for the first time ever ( I only played free ones until then). It was then that I discovered Assassin's Creed. I enjoyed the story and gameplay so much that I ended up buying an XBox 360 just so I could play the series.
  • buket1819
    buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Team Fortress 2 :)
  • chaniluv
    chaniluv Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been playing games for as long as I can remember. I had a brother that was close to my age and all my friends were guys, so it was honestly inevitable. I don't think I was ever truly a part of the gamer culture until I started playing World of Warcraft, though. My brother would sit for hours in front of his computer while I was out fishing, hiking, shooting hoops, or swimming in the lake with my boys and I could never understand it. I used to give him crap for being such a social recluse and nerd.

Then it happened. I had my daughter and my friends sorta vanished. I was busy with work and my daughter and they wanted to keep on partying and getting high, so our priorities separated us. My sister took my daughter for the weekend and it was just me and my dog in my big house. It was quiet and lonely. My brother hit me up on MSN and told me I should create a trial account on WoW. The sun was just starting to go down.

The next thing I remember clearly is looking up from my computer screen after dying to pack of angry murlocs for the third time to see the sun coming back up.

I was a goner.
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I played Nintendo, Sega, and etc as a kid... but I didn't really become a true gamer until I played Final Fantasy VIII in my early teens. That is the game that reeled me in and never let me back out. FFVIII is still to this day one of my all time favorites because it has a lot of meaning to me. Nostalgia galore with that game.
  • Falconidae
    Falconidae Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been playing video games since I was three years old - started on the first NES, but SNES quickly became my favorite for little kid me. Yoshi's Island is still one of my favorite games, and I played it for hours. Although I played Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros first, Yoshi's Island was probably the game that really made me a gamer.
  • orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started gaming at 8 years old on the Atari 2600. The game that turned me into a true gamer was Wonder Boy III: the Dragon's Trap on the Master System, I used to play it for hours on end.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I had a Magnavox Odessey - where you stuck film on your television and controllers were limited to X/Y axis knobs.

Still the game that really sucked me in was Adventure on the Atari 2600.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    that handheld football game with the little blips. loved that game.

Mattel-Football.jpg

meh, can't seem to get image to post.

ooh i got it. as i suspected, user error :)
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much just played games as long as I can remember. My parents had me playing grammar games on DOS when I was 4.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    We had an atari and I played Pacman and Q-Bert before I even really knew what video games were (and all the old school puzzle and learning games that we played at school, 3 in Three is still a personal favorite). I'd say the games that got me casually into gaming would've been Ocarina of Time and then the original Pokemon games before I moved more towards Xbox and PC.
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The first game I ever played was Mario on the NES. But the first game that really made me a consistent gamer was Wrestlemania 2000 on the Nintendo 64. My best friend owned it and we played it for hours on end. That was what really hooked me. Good times.
  • RochelleMonCher
    Options
    I've gamed since I was a teenager. The game that made me a gamer though was undoubtedly, Knights of the Old Republic.

The first time I played the game, I'd unknowingly purchased a damaged disc. The game froze just after the Leviathan big reveal. I immediately sent my daughter to the closest Game Stop to purchase a new one. I stayed behind desperately trying to get the broken one to work while pleading with the Xbox to let me finish my game.

I've been hooked on games ever since.
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Radar Rat Race... Commador Vic 22 baby yeah Im that old... Atari Pong eat it newbros
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    whoops...forgot I'd already posted here.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    f0o85hfti0cl.jpg

Yeah...... I'm old LOL!
  • alien_type0
    alien_type0 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Kings Quest when I was like 2.

Video games is how I learned to read. hahaha
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Never had the money for gaming systems, so I'm not that type of gamer... but boy, I sure do love me some Guild Wars or WoW!! I've played GW since it originally came out, now I play GW2 and WoW.
  • deadk00l
    deadk00l Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    probaly super mario on the snes or donkey kong country
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    OMG this post has me swooning over all my gamer nostalgia. For me it was Legend of Zelda followed by Donkey Kong. Nowadays I'm all about Gears of War, Halo and Fallout. Give me my controller and a case of Dr pepper and I'm set.