Motivation tips, Someone????

Options
singh72047
singh72047 Posts: 10 Member
Well, this is my third time to attempt Insanity. I've done the fit test and wasn't satisfied and it's day two now and everything is sore! Can someone give some motivation tips so I can stay on track and I can reach my goal and get the body that I want?

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Try to friend like-minded peeps who started on the same day as you. You can both keep track and push each other on. I started Insanity yesterday. Day 2 today. Waiting for kids to leave for school before I get cracking. Can't wait :drinker:

Did you go straight from no exercise into insanity? Not that it matters, mind.
  • singh72047
    Options
    I did like 3 weeks of p90x but that wasn't working out for me so i tried insanity and i sweat so much! I'm about to do Cardio Power and Resistance. I hope I can keep up with the video because yesterday I ran out of gas in the middle.
  • debrapatchett
    debrapatchett Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Insanity is an extreme workout programme and a very tough one at that! Before starting the full 60 days I would recommend doing week five workout - core cardio and balance for a few days - its at a slower pace and gets you familiar with the moves. It is stilIl a hard workout but much less intense than some of them. Once you have mastered this workout start to pick out one or two others, i.e. one day do cardio power, the day after rest, then do pure cardio, day rest and so on. Build your stamina up gently until you feel ready to start the programme from the beginning. It took me about a month before I felt ready for the challenge.

Hope this helps. Good luck, and dig deep!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Before starting the full 60 days I would recommend doing week five workout - core cardio and balance for a few days - its at a slower pace and gets you familiar with the moves. It is stilIl a hard workout but much less intense than some of them. Once you have mastered this workout start to pick out one or two others, i.e. one day do cardio power, the day after rest, then do pure cardio, day rest and so on. Build your stamina up gently until you feel ready to start the programme from the beginning. It took me about a month before I felt ready for the challenge.

Nah! Just go straight into it :smile:
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just started too. I did day 2 today. I was so sore when I woke up but I just pushed play and did it. I like the Shaun T has to stop in the middle and take a break and so do the others. I absolutely could not keep up with the Level 1 drills, not even close but I did what I could and felt awesome after..just keep truckin!
  • singh72047
    Options
    My schedule got screwed up and i was on day two. So im gonna restart tomorrow, hopefully i can do better.
  • katjnorman
    Options
    I remember feeling that pain from the fitness test on day two. It lasted a couple of days and hasn't been back as badly since. I still carried on pressing play and feel better for it! I have just finished day one of month two... I wonder what I'll feel like tomorrow...? :)

My tip is that if you need to modify some moves until you're strong enough, then do. I started going push ups/planks on my knees and have gained muscles in my arms still, which everyone has noticed. I am only now starting to do them properly in month two.
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Do some extra stretches to help with your sore bits. I take magnesium and it helped with my calf soreness at the start of the workout.

When I did my first round of Insanity I told myself just to do the workout, not perfectly, just do it. It's ok to have off days where you give 50-60%... Insanity was tiring at times but if you can commit to being there for the allotted time and give it all you have, then I'd cross that day out with pride! Basically motivation comes and goes, but consistency is what will get you through!