New to this

sammeliaprice
sammeliaprice Posts: 4 Member
Hello everyone, I am new to the group and really glad to know about this app and group. I have always been a very thick girl. It is time for me to make a change. I want to be able to live a healthy life. I am new to this change. So everyone I'm going to need a lot of help. Nice to meet everyone.

Replies

• NeshiaChanel
    NeshiaChanel Posts: 6 Member
    Nice to meet you too! I love this app but I've been slipping on my meal log. I'm new to this group, any specifics on workouts or what you plan to change?
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Welcome! I know how you feel - - I have always been thick as well.

I just started slow, logging what I was eating and realizing where my calories were coming from, making changes I could live with. I never gave up fried foods, ice cream, chocolate, coffee - whatever works in your life, just learn how to manage quantities (serving sizes). I admit it was hard at times and even then I would wonder if I would look back and think what was all the drama about and I do, but I believe it needed to happen - we are reestablishing our relationship with food.

I really wanted to be healthy, strong and active! At 47 it is not exactly what I envisioned it to be, I wanted a thick firm body like Serena but I look more like a short version of Venus - but I went from @ 5'2", 244 size 20/22 to 150 size 2/4 a little smaller that I prefer but I got caught up on the scale. I would really suggest thinking long and hard about where you really want to be, either a size or a weight but keep in mind if you are going to workout the scale number may be harder to reach in line with a size idea ( I thought at 150 I would a size 10/12).

Read the forums, ask questions, build yourself a network of MFP friends and take one day at a time and believe it will happen.
  • sammeliaprice
    sammeliaprice Posts: 4 Member
    I want to change the way I look. My main problem is my stomach. Also I am doing this for health reasons. I know i have to get on a regular work out schedule.
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 433 Member
    @Adc7225 that's a very inspiring story. Do you mind sharing your workout plan? How long did it take you to reach your goal? Thank you
  • airikacapriceadams
    airikacapriceadams Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everyone! Just joined this group! Trying to loose 50 pounds. I hope this is a great community!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    @Adc7225 yes I would love to know what your workout plans were also. I'm 5'4 and my short term goal is 150 but ultimately I would love to be between 120-135lbs. Currently I weight 184.6 just had a baby in Jan. of this year. Hey feel free to friend me anyone!