Powerlifting?

Options
aliciab307
aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
Does any one have any experience with powerlifting? I'm very interested in it and want to start competing perhaps sometime next year. I was thinking in the mean time I could train like I'm competing but have no idea on how to get started. I figure the training could really transform my body along with the right diet. Right now I'm at 2k cals and get 150g protein. I have no provlem with my body except for the fatty knees and batwings. My body fat is 35%+ and know my fatty arms and legs will be negligent around 28-30%. My ultimate wish would be to eat near maintenance and have body fat burn off. Anyways, so does anyone have any info or tips?

Replies

• Balance_Moderation
    Balance_Moderation Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I responded to your post but talk to Kathleenjoyful she does power lifting :)
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Look into, the Wendler 5/3/1 or Stronglifts training programs. Also if you're on instagram, look for @mspowerlifter42 @tracisa. I do power lifting style training but don't compete.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Look into, the Wendler 5/3/1 or Stronglifts training programs. Also if you're on instagram, look for @mspowerlifter42 @tracisa. I do power lifting style training but don't compete.

Both of these programs are great. I started with New Rules of Lifting for Women, which is a bit more complicated but I feel it gave me a better range of lifts.

• leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options

Both of these programs are great. I started with New Rules of Lifting for Women, which is a bit more complicated but I feel it gave me a better range of lifts.

Completely agree, started with Stronglifts then transitioned to New Rules of Lifting for Women
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    @kmbweber2014 @leooftheyear That's awesome ladies! How long have you been training??
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    @kmbweber2014 @leooftheyear That's awesome ladies! How long have you been training??

I haven't gotten to lift much in the last few months due to no longer having a gym membership. I am slowly building up my home gym, and can't wait to get back to heavy lifting.
  • XavierNusum
    Options

I haven't gotten to lift much in the last few months due to no longer having a gym membership. I am slowly building up my home gym, and can't wait to get back to heavy lifting.

I know how you feel. The only way I could make time for lifting was to lift at home. I have been blessed to have a pretty decent home gym to keep up my training. Now I just want to keep upgrading a little bit at a time.
  • marycurtis123
    marycurtis123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Westside Barbell is also a great powerlifting source of information.