Snaps' 6 Week Challenge

Options
snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
Hi everyone, well today I will start my 6 week challenge which leads me up to my 35th B-day! I'm doing this to help to give me a kick start and motivate me. Feel free to join me.

Weigh-in today...stating at...170.6lbs

Hoping to shed some of that and back to my lowest so far, 164 by my b-day.

I will try and update regularly during this 6 week challenge, mainly for myself so I can, you know, get it out there.

This week is the big challenge because the kids are on half-term and take-a-ways are looming, but I will try and keep them reasonable and accounted for. Big thing for me is to get back to tracking and have successful fast at 500 not 700/800 :)

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm in as much as I can be. I'm also up about 3kg from my stable low of 57kg. Will probably have a bit of a break of logging and fasting for a few days in the first week of June.

My fast today ended at 600....but with about 400cals of exercise.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Yesterday was a day out with the kids just managed to break even at my TDEE with a combination of activity and convenience food. Today I was going to do my first fast, but woke-up with a terrible sore throat and blocked nose. Going to take it easy today and keep below my TDEE. Tomorrow I am already planning the day with the kids and taking them to Prezzo (first time), so planning to skip breakfast and have Prezzo for lunch then a light dinner so I can keep to TDEE. My fast will now be on Thursday if all goes well. Then Friday is another day out which I will try and preplan. All the best to you all.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, Snaps!!

My lunch date cancelled, so I'm moving tomorrow's fast to today ;-)
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    OK - I'm in. Big holiday weekend = weight gain. I ate lots of things I haven't been eating (including extra calories), and I know part of it is water weight, but what a shocker. I've got a beach trip in 4 weeks and I'd like to be down to 132 by then.
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This challenge is perfect. I am taking a group of high school students on an adventurous 9 day trip in 6 weeks and need to get into better shape before we leave. My anniversary was on Sunday and I over-indulged all weekend . . . time to focus.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Failed my fast a bit today....landed at 850. I was really tired and I'm not sure if the hormones caused part of the hunger. Happy to still be 750 under my TDEE. Next fast on Friday. I will try to stay under my TDEE We/Th, but I'm out on both days so accurate counting will be difficult.
  • jknight001
    Options
    Full week this week meeting (and eating) with friends so I will only do one fast tomorrow.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Fast day for me today. Just started on my first tea, 29cals. Enjoyed a little too much with the kids yesterday, but did tons of walking and I bought a skipping rope, it counts calories and MIL/KM and it was only £3 :)
  • naxeea
    naxeea Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first week of 5:2.I have done it before and has worked.First week is always the difficult part.I am working out (interval training) for 45 mins thrice a week and light 15mins work out on 2 days.Sat and Sunday are rest days.I am keeping my calories under 1500.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    fasted today and did good. Ran 3 miles this morning before work, then walked a mile at lunch. Fish and green beans for dinner. I had a headache before eating, but feel pretty good now. Anxious to get on the scales in the morning
  • jknight001
    Options
    Finishing up my second fast day. Did alright.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    My second fast of the week has started today after a busy day yesterday shopping, café, dinner, concert.... poor me ;-)

Have a great day.
  • jknight001
    Options
    Weighed in and lost .2 lbs. Not a lot but I was grateful considering all the food opportunities I took over the Memorial Day weekend. :yum:
  • snaps27
    Options
    What a difference a fast makes! Weighed myself after my fast on Friday and I was 167.2! Down from 170.6! I know it wont last long, but it was a nice pick me up to see that number again :)
  • snaps27
    Options
    Well, weigh in today and lost .2 ... @jknight001 we're twins. But this week back to normal, kids back in school hurrah!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Okay...first week down of the 6 week challenge and only .2lbs to show for it :# But today is a new day and it is a fast day. Had a skinny coffee frapp and that's it so far and four more hours until dinner. I've burnt 465 calories walking this morning too! Oh and I also announced to the house that we will not have pizza until summer holidays (mid July) and hopefully that will stick!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Ohhhh hard times for Snaps family....says the woman, who is off to go eat pizza tonight! No food until tomorrow night, so this is my 'last' meal. :p Gonna enjoy it.
  • jknight001
    Options
    Glad to be your twin, @snaps27! This week will be a bit funky too since it is the last week of school. And my son came home with a low grade fever. I expect he will be back to normal in no time. He is a tough kid. Hopefully I will get to workout tonight. Doing FD #1 today. Hoping to do #2 on Wednesday.
  • theevelynwhitis198
    theevelynwhitis198 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, well today I will start my 6 week challenge which leads me up to my 35th B-day! I'm doing this to help to give me a kick start and motivate me. Feel free to join me.

Weigh-in today...stating at...170.6lbs

Hoping to shed some of that and back to my lowest so far, 164 by my b-day.

I will try and update regularly during this 6 week challenge, mainly for myself so I can, you know, get it out there.

This week is the big challenge because the kids are on half-term and take-a-ways are looming, but I will try and keep them reasonable and accounted for. Big thing for me is to get back to tracking and have successful fast at 500 not 700/800 :)