Hi There

Options
SueM86
SueM86 Posts: 28 Member
Hi all,

I've been on mfp for a while and have tried stints of lchf over the months but have recently reverted back to a program that was very successful for me 6 years ago called SureSlim - not sure if anyone's heard of it but it's very closely based on the metabolic balance principles and I know it works for me so I'm giving it another go!

I am highly sensitive to carbohydrates and have a raging sweet tooth - deep down I know that if I can kick sugar out of my diet and avoid pretty much all carbs expect those from fruit and vegetable then my body much prefers that. I'm in my 3rd week now and have lost nearly 7lbs so far so it's looking positive.

I don't read the main forums as I don't really subscribe to the CICO "you can eat anything you like provided you are in deficit" way of thinking - whilst I think CICO probably has some sort of bearing on weight loss (although I'm not sure how much) I know from my own experience that eating carbohydrates and even artificially sweetened versions of my favourite naughty snacks just makes me crave more and more of them. The SS plan gives strict weight limits for protein and vegetables at each meal as well as a daily allowance of seeds, oil, starchy carbohydrate and fruit - all of which has been calculated for me based on results of a blood test - can't remember exactly what they tested for but I know insulin sensitivity and cholesterol were included in there.

I'd be interested in being friends if anyone fancies it for daily encouragement?

This forum is much friendlier than the main ones so I stay here most of the time too :-)

Sue

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Sue, I don't know much about SureSlim so I don't have any input. What is this diet about? Is it sustainable for life?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm sending a friend request. I don't know about your woe at all, so I don't know if my diary will be helpful to you, but it's open. Welcome, and this is the friendliest group on mfp! Good luck!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    My diary is open too if you want to look. I'm lchf and doing zero carb for a month to shake up my weight loss. I'm not familiar with SureSlim. Hope it works for you!
  • SueM86
    SueM86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    SureSlim originated in Australia I think and I came across it in the UK about 6 years ago. The basic principle is that you can't burn fat whilst there is excess insulin running through your blood stream and so you eat foods that limit the release of insulin and leave a big enough gap between meals so that any insulin that is released on eating has time to clear your blood stream so that fat burning can then begin. The principles are very similar to LC in that fruit is limited, vegetables are non-starchy ones only with high sugar vegetables like tomatoes or onions also having a daily limit. You have a blood test before being issued with a personalised diet plan with your own personal weight allowances of protein and vegetables for each meal - and are given a list of foods to avoid that specifically don't work with your body as determined by the blood test.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Makes sense to me, as long as they're not going too low on the protein.

Welcome, Sue.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome !