Clean eating meal prep/meals to bring to work

Options
Sariie2014
Sariie2014 Posts: 6 Member
Looking to start meal prep or suggestions on some healthy meals people are bringing to work :)

Replies

• RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I make shredded chicken in my slow cooker on Sundays for lunches. I add 4 chicken breasts to the slow cooker and cook until finished. then use the hand mixer to shred. leaving it plain I can then add it to salads, or whatever with different sauces for different flavors for the week.
  • amyrllin1
    amyrllin1 Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The chicken in the crockpot is a brilliant idea!! I am going to steal it! My hubby loves pulled pork if I add my sauce to the chicken instead do you think it would work?

I take a salad for lunch everyday and I take a smoothie for my morning break. All of this I prepare the night before. I invested in a really nice lunch bag and I also have a fridge at work so I can take a lot of fresh things. I work 12 hour shifts so have to pack a lot of food!
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    We use the crockpot a lot, too. Pulled chicken- I make mine fairly bland so I can season it later depending on the meal. Salt, pepper, thyme, an onion, a littlw chicken stock to keep it moist. We've made tacos, pizzas, soups, casseroles, etc. with the chicken.

I make a chicken salad with 2 parts Greek yogurt, 1 part mayo to keep the fat calories down.

Another crockpot favorite is Cilantro Lime Turkey chili.
    http://www.girlbythelake.com/2012/10/09/cilantro-and-lime-turkey-chili/
    Modified this recipe using kidney beans instead of white beans, I use 1 lb 98% lean turkey breast and 1 lb 94% lean, Sautee meat first then add 2 cans diced tomatoes. Season to your preference. I add my beans at the end since we prefer them firmer. We also use extra cilantro and lime in the recipe. It freezes and reheats well.

Overnight steel cut oats for breakfast can be prepared in advance. I use 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, about 1/2 cup fruit and 1/2 cup liquid.... just add the liquid ( I like almond milk) about 8-12 hours before eating. Shake to mix. Can be eaten hot or cold.
    Happy prepping!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfast prep ideas is this skinny crustless quiche, but I don't use "low fat" ingredients, I'd rather have the natural fats and not the added sugar: http://www.skinnymom.com/skinny-quiche/

Alternatively I will make "egg muffins" using individual muffin tins and do the same type of thing making turkey meat loafs (I call them meat muffins!). Great to have on hand to grab and go.

Large batch cooking and the freezer can be a life saver. Sometimes Sundays get busy and you can't always prep!