Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, May 25th - 31st

Options
2»

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Today I made a few batches of protein gummies to try out for the long drive times. The first batch was almost no-carb and not the tastiest but not disgusting either. The second had an orange juice base and was a bit better. A batch with strawberry purée is setting up now. At least they'll keep my jaw busy if a craving hits!

Spot-on my goals today. How'd you do?
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Even though I was under my goal for today, I still ate too much junk food. I know I'm having pizza for dinner tomorrow so I am going to try to make better choices throughout the day.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Late posting here again. My goal this week is to complete my journaling daily. I made it to 20 day streak today for the first time in a long time. I haven't had a NSV in awhile so it is time to set some for the summer. I am a goal-oriented person so this is an important motivator for me. I just gotta make sure I don't set too big of ones!

Thought about the snacking while driving. It isn't something I struggle with unless it's a long trip or a stressful day; I use food as a soother then so I make sure I pack a car bag with something to drink (ice water with a little mint), crunchy veggies and sweet fruits and protein. Journaling helps me track when I am likely to be stressed out on the drive home (like tonight) and I had water, a banana and almonds ready in the car waiting for me. Yeah people make fun of me for having 2 or 3 lunch boxes but I feel empowered when I'm prepared. And I can't justify buying something when I have something already.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Cheesy, i love to snack at night, so instead of cutting it out i plan it in! bring healthy low calorie and or high protien snacks like carrot sticks, hard boiled egg (yup it is weird walking around with a hard boiled egg in your purse but they are filling and high in protein. You may even want to try some.protien bars!

I didn't post yesterday and i meant to but my day just stayed crazy!
    I met with my diabetes dietician yesterday and she said i was doing good! Im worried because I'm not losing much weight but she said it would come with time and it was more important to make small changes over a long period of time. So i got the water/hydration thing and breakfast down now im working on lunch and dinner as well as tracking my fasting blood sugar

• kiveya
    kiveya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new and trying this out, being on a community that is.

Um, looking at examples above I guess my NSV this week has been finding out I fit better in a Torrid size 4 top instead of barely fitting into a size 5.

My goals this week I'm keeping it simple:

- drink more water
    - plan my lunches ahead, pack, and carry them to work
    - walk at least 15 min 3 times

It took me months to fully stop drinking regular pop and drink only diet pop. Now I'm starting to notice I still occasionally crave a pepsi, but once I have it its not really satisfying anymore and not in the "I wish I had non-diet pepsi" sort of way, just a "I don't want to drink this anymore" way. I can barely finish half a can anymore so I think its a good time to focus on drinking more water instead of pop.