Weekly Post 25.05. - 31.05.15.

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
Today I gave myself a present....a day with no appointments. It's a holiday Monday, so I was off work and as I fasted yesterday, I didn't fast today.

I woke up rather early, made myself scrambeld eggs with some trimmings for breakfast and took the 8h bus to Schaffhausen. Then I hiked from the city along the Rhein, went past the Rhein Falls and kept walking on little nature paths as close to the river as possible. I arrived in Rheinau after 15k, ate asparagus-risotto for lunch and then continued to the little island in this village (another 2k). There is an old and very beautiful monestary, a chapel and several sequoias on this island. It is a very peaceful place and I don't go there often enough. After about an hour in peace and meditation on the island I took the 14h45 bus to go home and it started pouring. Got lucky today!! When I got home, I treated myself to a pampering bath and a short rest to relaxing music.

Had a nice healthy dinner and feel very relaxed and much more balanced than in the last months. I'm feeling very grateful for the support and energy I was given today.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy week!!
Here are a few impressions of my day.

xsp6jz36xjvy.jpg
scthuz8gfpi9.jpg
us0w60ntxs4q.jpg
td2l0y1g56m0.jpg

And then I found this little stone on my path :-)
ly445xslopbr.jpg

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your healthy, beautiful day with us!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    How lovely. Hopefully @orlcam will incorporate one of those photos as a group photo. So glad you are at peace with yourself. So beautiful.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I like the one with the monastery across the water looking out through the trees.
    All very nice...love that you find time to stop and smell the roses (...cypresses?)

Anyone have a nice ocean/sailboat/beach scene? ...was looking for something summeryish
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful walk @Flumi_f. Love the pics!
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just a note to say I am still here, family stuff going on and I am the designated grownup who has to deal with everything. No fasts and not much exercise, hope everyone is doing well x
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That's one hell of a workout, judging by the pics totally worth it!

How is everyone getting on this week? I'm on my first fast today and I'm thinking of trying to fast tomorrow as well. Get both out of the way :)
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    FD #1. Not really into it but that is ok. Just need to eat my allotted cals for the day and I am done!
  • waddlingtowiddle
    waddlingtowiddle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. It's a great reminder to slow down and enjoy the beauty of the world.
  • waddlingtowiddle
    waddlingtowiddle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is my third week. The 2nd fast was a bit more difficult this week because only had one day in between because of US holiday on Monday. But hung in there and succeeded. I dropped 3.7 this week. Which seems like too much but I am pretty chunky so don't know if it's still water weight. Did others have bigger losses their first weeks?
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Waddington. ..never question a big loss :D Congrats! My losses varied from week to week. A big loss was mostly followed by a few slower weeks. As long as the overall trend was down, I was happy.