Anyone fancy a June accountability challenge?

Options
louubelle16
louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
Hi everyone,

Seeing as we are on the same road, I thought it would be good if we got together and shared our goals for June and then shared our progress, to cheer each other on :smile:

I'll go first - I have three goals:
1) To run at least 70km over the course of the month (according to my training plan, I should do 78km, so I reeeeeally need to do this);
2) Exercise in some way every day, even if it's just a quick ab blast or a walk.
3) Stay the same weight!

What are you all hoping to achieve in June? And... Good luck!

Replies

• TickingPwny
    TickingPwny Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun. c': I need this to stay on track.

My goals are toooo:
    1. stop snacking late at night;
    2. exercise in some way every day (like you--I'm hoping to acquire a membership to the aquatic/fitness center in my neighborhood);
    3. find a solution to my seasonal depression. Cleaning and writing help, buuut so does food...which I know is a no-no!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I do this at work:

We each put $20 into the kitty, set our goals and then a month later report back. Everyone who has made her goal gets to share the kitty. I usually make pretty good money out of this :smiley: I actually brought the Camelbak I am buying with this month's kitty money up to work just to tick off my co-workers enough that they will complete their goals and I'll have to take it back to the store. . .we'll see if that works.

Anywho, my goals for June:

1. 12 workouts in the month of at least 4k or a total of more than 10k steps in a day. (This is my work goal.)
    2. My size 6 jeans are loose enough to wear to work.
  • lauragrafhamknapp
    lauragrafhamknapp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun. c': I need this to stay on track.

My goals are toooo:
    1. stop snacking late at night;
    2. exercise in some way every day (like you--I'm hoping to acquire a membership to the aquatic/fitness center in my neighborhood);
    3. find a solution to my seasonal depression. Cleaning and writing help, buuut so does food...which I know is a no-no!

I'm trying to do the "no late night snacking" thing, too. Really rough, but has, I think, been a real key to me losing 4 pounds in the last week and a half. After dinner (6pm) I don't have anything but drinks--water, decaf tea, coffee, seltzer water. And if it factors into my calorie count for the day...a gin and tonic or something along those lines.

Have you tried what I call a "happy light" for seasonal affect disorder? You can find them online pretty easily and cheaply.
  • louubelle16
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I do this at work:

We each put $20 into the kitty, set our goals and then a month later report back. Everyone who has made her goal gets to share the kitty. I usually make pretty good money out of this :smiley: I actually brought the Camelbak I am buying with this month's kitty money up to work just to tick off my co-workers enough that they will complete their goals and I'll have to take it back to the store. . .we'll see if that works.

That's such a lovely idea, I wish I could do that! However, I have the strong suspicion that my co-workers would laugh in my face for suggesting that. I got laughed at when I suggest we do 'dry January' to give up alcohol for the month, and that's only a little challenge. You are super lucky to have such supportive people around you :)
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options
    I do this at work:

That's such a lovely idea, I wish I could do that! However, I have the strong suspicion that my co-workers would laugh in my face for suggesting that. I got laughed at when I suggest we do 'dry January' to give up alcohol for the month, and that's only a little challenge. You are super lucky to have such supportive people around you :)

It was another co-worker's idea. It is SUPER motivating for me. You don't know the number of times I have gone home and it's raining and 82 degrees and I've wanted to stay indoors, but I know I can get money from the kitty if I do what I should be doing anyway, so I get out there and slog away.

There are actually some apps where you can do this if no one IRL is supportive too! I've thought about doing gym-pact, as it synchs up with FitBit and MFP. gym-pact.com/
  • FitnessasmyWitness
    FitnessasmyWitness Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    JUNE: My goal shall be to workout 5 times a week.
    I always take Sundays off but may go for a walk or something like that.

Come the first week of July I'll be headed to Australia... and want to look great for the cute Aussies ;)
  • lauragrafhamknapp
    Options
    My goal is going to be akin to @FitnessasmyWitness ...5x a week work out for 1hr. I've found that, on top of the eating better/less, the exercise makes me lose about 2-3lbs a week. Which is awesome, and needed for me. I'm down 4 pounds in the last week and a half. Still have 30 to go...
  • FitnessasmyWitness
    FitnessasmyWitness Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My goal is going to be akin to @FitnessasmyWitness ...5x a week work out for 1hr. I've found that, on top of the eating better/less, the exercise makes me lose about 2-3lbs a week. Which is awesome, and needed for me. I'm down 4 pounds in the last week and a half. Still have 30 to go...

How many calories are you on, laura?

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I don't know what to say here. My only goal right now is to live one day at a time, like a normal person.
  • louubelle16
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    Frankly, I don't know what to say here. My only goal right now is to live one day at a time, like a normal person.

If that's what you need to do, then go for it :smiley:
  • zcb94
    Options

My sentiments exactly. I already see a snag, though: you say that we can share progress/cheer each other on. How would I do that for such a simple goal? What does a one-day-at-a-timer share?
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options
    I am one step closer to my size 6 jeans! The one pair of size 6 dress pants I own (I was thrifting a few months ago and found a pair of Gap chinos with the tags still on them, and I was determined that I'd be in a size 6 at some point. . .) fit me like a flippin' glove this morning. They even make my butt look less. . .flat. I WILL be in those jeans in another week or two.
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options

My sentiments exactly. I already see a snag, though: you say that we can share progress/cheer each other on. How would I do that for such a simple goal? What does a one-day-at-a-timer share?

You share what your goal is when you get up this morning. Then you share if you made it with no beating yourself up if you don't, just a careful, reasoned think-thru of whether or not, in retrospect, the goal was unreasonable or you simply gave into temptation.
  • zcb94
    Options
    You share what your goal is when you get up this morning. Then you share if you made it with no beating yourself up if you don't, just a careful, reasoned think-thru of whether or not, in retrospect, the goal was unreasonable or you simply gave into temptation.
    I see. So, for instance, I'd say today that my goal is to get through a couple of interviews my family is conducting later (I'm disabled and we need assistants), in one piece. Then, before bed, I come back and talk about that experience and the day as a whole, except not starting till June. Did I do that correctly?
  • lauragrafhamknapp
    Options

How many calories are you on, laura?
    1200 a day, but they fluctuate based on my exercise for the day.
  • louubelle16
    Options
    I see. So, for instance, I'd say today that my goal is to get through a couple of interviews my family is conducting later (I'm disabled and we need assistants), in one piece. Then, before bed, I come back and talk about that experience and the day as a whole, except not starting till June. Did I do that correctly?

Exactly :) Then you can look back over it at the end of the month and see how well you got on. And we get to cheer, of course.
  • zcb94
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I can't wait.
  • Truus93
    Truus93 Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    my goals are:

1) to run at least 30 km / week
    2) do some sort of exercise everyday (running, rope skipping, cycling,...)
    3) my ultimate goal is to go from 64kg to 56kg , but i realise i might need a little bit more time to achieve this one ;)
  • louubelle16
    Options
    Some great goals so far... 3 days to go until June! I've been trying to do my goals already in the hope that they would be nearly habitual by the time June starts!
  • TN_VA
    TN_VA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to:
    1. workout 5 times a week
    2. participate in a 5k
    3. reach my goal weight of 135
    4. train for a half-marathon

Looking forward to doing this with everyone!