Does exercise change your daily goals on MFP

Options
jumanajane
jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
I was just looking at my diary for today and noticed that it says I am aiming for 26gm of carb but my daily goal is 18. I did log some exercise this afternoon which I don't usually do(as I dont usually exercise,lol) is this the reason or is it yet another MFP 'error'??? The fats and proteins were different too btw.

Replies

• SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    When my exercise calories go up it adds to my macros. You have to keep an eye on them if you want to keep to a strict carb limit and still eat back some exercise calories!
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    MFP uses percentages and adds exercise calories to the daily total allowance. As your allowed calories goes up, MFP will automaticaly adjust the allowed carbs. If you don't eat back your exercise calories just ignore the adjusted figure and make the mental adjustment ie 26 gms.
  • gemberly
    gemberly Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yep, I just ignore that and continue to eat to my macros!
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. On the rare occasions I do recordable exercise I don't usually log it but was feeling virtuous so thought I would,lol. Such a rare occurrence it threw me!
  • pkroyle
    pkroyle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's makes the macros bigger because it's a percentage of your calories, which increases when you add exercise. :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I enter my exercise for motivation purposes and just manually make it 1 calorie burned. Then it doesn't botch up my goal totals.