Hi folks.....

Options
tishball
tishball Posts: 155 Member
Hi, I decided to join your group, although I perhaps don't really qualify. I am following a low carb principal, ie I have cut out carbs to degree, while I am not extremly low carb, I find just cutting out the processed ones helps me with weight loss. I don't have the will power to give up alot of the fruits and veg that contain carbs, but who knows when I get better at it I just may be able to do that. I noticed some people get nuts when I say I am cutting carbs, why? it's obvious that my over eating is mainly in the carb department, so if I cut them out I lose weight simple. I find reading the posts here very helpful due to my not being doing this for long, I tend to eat a lot of the same stuff, so your ideas and motivating posts help a lot. Anyway that's my introduction.... oh yes and I was born and bread, ( get it) in the west of Ireland, home of the high carb, high fat diet, my ancestors worked it off , but holy hell it's hard done now. Tricia.

Replies

• Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey Tricia and welcome. Don't stress to much about the fact that you're not super low carb. Just good that you are cutting carbs and enjoying the benefits. Hope your stay here is long and happy :)
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks, hope I can sometimes add to the conversations, even if it is just a giggle about disasters.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    We have people who eat from slow carb to no carb and everything in between. You'll fit right in!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I’m doing the “slow carb slide” as well. I started at 100 g carb, then 80, now (starting this week, actually) I’m going to 60-ish. Feeling a lot better and not having as much “carb flu” as I usually do when I go into LCHF.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You might find yourself easing into lower and lower carb as you go but it's great that you're here whatever your regime.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tricia!
    I'm doing keto right now but once I get to my weight goal, about 3 more pounds, I will more likely go Paleo style. Summer is brutal and many times I want to eat fruit instead of steak and make smoothies :)
    I will slowly increase my carbs from fruits may me 30-40-50 and see how it goes. I might get back to keto during winter time because of lack of fruit and you tent to eat more meat, etc. so that's my plan and I'm sticking to it! All I know I'm not planning on eating anything processed :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!