Low carb eating in Spain?

ruthbean123
ruthbean123 Posts: 4 Member
Any advice on how to eat low carb in Spain? I'm 60 days into this lifestyle and love it. I will be in Spain for 10 days and know nothing about their food culture nor do I speak the language. Any advice on what I'll find on menus that is low carb friendly?

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    You're gonna love Spain! In terms of restaurants, you'll have plenty of choices just like anywhere else. Our favorite place in Barcelona was Peruvian. :)
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    I have no advice but am hoping you post about your experiences for those of us who must live vicariously.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    SEAFOOD! And roasted salted nuts! Delicious meats, salads and dried tomatoes. Cheese and chorizo tapas! Yum!
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Spain and most of mainland europe tend to serve low carb foods anyway, lot's of leafy veg and lots of meats, so you shouldn't have a problem. However the paella is all rice so will of course be not for you. Enjoy.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Last time I was in Spain I was a vegetarian and I remember to see meat and seafood everywhere. They're famed for their ham and they add it to everything, even veggies. At the time eating out was a pain, I imagine next time will be much easier! You'll love Spain! :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Jamon! I spent time in spain with a vegetarian and we were offered meat for every meal, even when we said vegetarian. I thought it would be a great place to be low carb.