What do you think about this 'Protein Bread'?

Options
jumanajane
jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
Ever since a friend told me about the Protein Bread that is supplied by a local bakery here hubby and I have used it at breakfast instead of other high carb breads. A couple of years now. When I decided to go keto nearly 2 months ago I decided not to eat it anymore as I didnt know if it was having any fluid retention effect and I have always had this niggle in my mind as it contains some wheatflour. Another friend here who also follows this wol is using it but.....I'm still doubtful. Hubby still eats it and has dropped weight again since we cut carbs right back( he isnt LC just moderate...sometimes I hate him,lolol says she 3 weeks into a stall)
These are the nutritional info panels on the packs.
z6q7bzzto9tz.jpg

b2s1llen2sbi.jpg

When you work out the per flat bread values its 152 cals, 6.3 gm fat, 0 net carbs(4.5 before taking off fibre) and 6gm fibre and 16gm protein
For the slices its 106 cals, 4.44gm fat, 0 net carbs(3.16) 4.28 fibre and 11.16 protein.

Fortunately I have been low carb(variable levels) for a long time so dont have problems with cravings but its nice to have the option if I felt like it.
There is just something niggling my brain about it. Thoughts please!

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    These are 7.9g of net carbs per serving. They've already subtracted the fiber. It's not possible to have negative net carbs (as fiber is a carb and only cancels itself out).

If it fits in your carb goals and you don't have negative effects from all that gluten and fiber, then go to town.
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thats what I suspected but I wasnt sure!Lol. I couldnt get my head around negative carbs!!! I dont have a problem with gluten or fibre but not sure it's worth it though. Thanks.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat all the soy myself, but if you don't have a problem with it, and it fits your goals, give it a shot.