metallic taste.

gemberly
gemberly Posts: 67 Member
I didn't realize that I knocked myself out of ketosis with my one piece of birthday cake last week, until last night when I realized that everything tastes bad! Oh well, I'm back! Haha! Gross.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    You probably didn't knock yourself out of ketosis itself, but more likely knocked yourself out of an adapted state. Your body has to get back to making all the ketones it needs and to remembering to use them all!
  • wendyjoscc
    wendyjoscc Posts: 8 Member
    Does anyone have any remedies for the dreaded keto taste/breath? I have been using the cinnamon Altoids smalls, but figure there might be something better suited?
  • KnitOrMiss
    wendyjoscc wrote: »
    Does anyone have any remedies for the dreaded keto taste/breath? I have been using the cinnamon Altoids smalls, but figure there might be something better suited?

Keep on your eating plan. As you adapt, it goes away.
  • wendyjoscc
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

any guesses on time frame? some days it is really bad, I have a toothbrush here in the office with me.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    I like sipping cinnamon tea instead of popping mints, looks less strange :D
  • wendyjoscc

Just tried some kind of cinnamon fire iced tea this weekend that fantastic. Have any favorite brands? Or do you just make tea and add cinnamon sticks?
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    I was chewing SF gum here and there. I love gum :)
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member

Just tried some kind of cinnamon fire iced tea this weekend that fantastic. Have any favorite brands? Or do you just make tea and add cinnamon sticks?

I like tazo cinnamon spice, it's got some anise and such too. Nocaffeine, goes great with butter and HWC. Cinnamon flavored black tea never really did it for me.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

any guesses on time frame? some days it is really bad, I have a toothbrush here in the office with me.

Should be like 7-10 days, unless you stay in a state of flux. Mine lasted maybe 2 days, but I stay pretty steady on all my levels. Sometimes I'll eat the same exact thing every day for weeks on end! LOL