Chia Seeds

Options
_jayciemarie_
_jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
When I was doing CICO I would make Chia Seed Pudding or put it in my yogurt. Wondering if Chia seeds are worth eating? I know the carb content for a serving is 12g, but the fiber is 10g. I'm lacking ways of getting fiber into my diet. Since I'm new to this (4th week in), does anyone have luck eating chia seeds even with the higher carb content?

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Once in a while i do milkshake with chia, but haven't done it in a while. I don't eat fruit and lots of veggies, but i feel that fiber doesn't make much difference in my body. I thought (brainwashed) that i must have fiber and tried compensating with Husk and Metamucil, but it seems like it just made things worse. I'm feeling good without it. There are bunch of recipes on Chia on low carb Pinterest boards.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Actually, (and this may be TMI), before LCHF I was having trouble with bowel movements. I would only have one a week AFTER drinking a bottle of magnesium citrate. My previous diet was loaded with high carbs and low fat/protein. Now that I've made the switch, I can say I almost go daily, but if I don't go daily, I will go twice or three times the next day. My fiber has been low. So.....maybe I'm with you and I don't need fiber. lol
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I will sprinkle them on avocado or in yogurt or something. They really have the most fiber bang for your buck, but are a little high calorie. I had stopped eating them (and avocado) because of the cals, but realized both have SO much fiber that I started incorporating them again as of yesterday. my fiber was cut in half when I stopped eating them. I seemed to be losing faster when I was eating them, so back in they go. More chia and avo, less cheese :smirk:
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've actually found the more fiber I eat, the worse my symptoms get and the worse I feel. I just make sure I have some fiber from avocados or chia seeds, but I only put less than 1 Tbls in my smoothie sometimes, but for my "conditions" less fiber is better, especially from grains, in fact, I am gluten free as well. (At least I think I am, every once in a while, I find that something I think is gluten free isn't, sneaky bugger). Since you are "going" more often sounds like more fat was the answer.