New to this group, Type 1 diabetic and possible PCOS

Options
jamie_lee80
jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
Hello,

I have been a Type 1 diabetic since the age of 10 and I am 34 now. I have struggled with my weight for a long time. In September my husband and I joined a gym and I started logging everything that I ate, I weigh everything on a scale......everything. I had lost around 40 lbs, but haven't really lost anything since February. I became frustrated and for the past 2 weeks I slacked on my workouts and diet and the scale is up 10 lbs. I was tested for PCOS on Friday and am waiting for those results to come back. After not having much success with just counting calories I am thinking that I want to try low carb, but I can't go too low because I am on an insulin pump and am trying to avoid low blood sugar/high blood sugar swings.

Does anyone have any advice or similar stories?

Replies

• SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am certainly not an expert, but I do know that a lot of people here have had stellar results in managing blood sugar spikes on this WOE. Have you had a chance to read through The links posted at the top of this board? The people with a lot of experience have posted many videos and other links there that you might find helpful.