When you notice significant body changes?

Options
kellyj0729
kellyj0729 Posts: 44 Member
Hi, I have been lifting with a trainer 2x week since February. I needed to learn proper form, etc as I had never lifted before, was totally stuck on cardio. Anyway, I can notice huge changes in arms and back, look much leaner and toned. However, my problem area has always been hips/thighs and I am not seeing as much progress as I had hoped at this point. I am going to start SL 5x5 on my own and was curious how quickly or slowly other women saw body changes. I am eating 1,500 cal a day and eating 130 gram of protein on lift days. I do cardio on non-lifting days. For reference I am 5'3'' and 130 lbs, 35 years old.

Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    What type of changes are you hoping to see in your hips and legs? The area on your body that holds the most fat is going to be the last area to lose it. As far as seeing changes, that is going to vary from woman to woman.
  • kclay1021
    kclay1021 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Are you taking progress pictures? I tend to notice that with areas I'm super self conscious about I will NEVER notice changes but when you have pictures you CANT deny the fact that things are changing!
  • kellyj0729
    Options
    I know I am never going to have long, "skinny" legs (I totally accept that) but I am hoping to looked toned in that when I walk around in a bikini I don't feel like I have fat on my thighs flopping around. Just to be tighter, I guess? Maybe I am just being impatient!
  • kellyj0729
    Options
    I agree, I need to take pics. I actually took pics last September after I lost about 20 lbs (Skinny Fat) so I was thinner but still too high BF %. I will try to get some this weekend, thanks!
  • ashleyharrison3914
    ashleyharrison3914 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the same feeling as you about my body but I have started to notice that my upper thighs and butt are getting smaller in the last month since I started working out my upper body way more than my lower body! I think its just the last place many of us women see the fat go from!
  • cejaibe
    cejaibe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have big hips. I started noticing a difference 9 months or so into training, being squats and dead lifts. I run too.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I started with the barbell in late January and take photos on the first of each month, and the July 1 photos were the first ones where I could see a difference in my thighs, if minimal, compared to the first set. You just have to trust the process. (Ha--easy to say but hard to do!)
  • misslisaaahh
    misslisaaahh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think seeing the progress just takes time. I'm not all that heavy but even though I'm measuring 3 inches smaller in my waist and hips, I can't tell the difference between my check-in pictures and my starting pictures. So for me, I just have to accept that everything is working because I can feel and quantify my progress, I just can tell in pics. I think patience is everything. Just have to stick to it.
  • charitys_aloette
    charitys_aloette Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We are very similar. I am 5'3", 132 lbs and 36 years old. My back, arms and shoulders became muscular quite quickly. Since making an effort to watch my macros, they've significantly leaned out and defined. It took about a year for me to notice my legs. I have my top two abs but would like my other abs to appear.