Bought a scale - ugh

Options
2»

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Can you keep the scale at a close friend's house and go there for weight checks? My doctor's office gives free nursing visits for blood pressure and weight checks on a walk-in basis, so maybe more frequent weigh-ins there are possible?
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    There is a scale at the Dr that is free to use but it's a bit out of the way from my house and I don't think I'd get there weekly. I didn't want to screw up maintenance by not being able to monitor what happened when I started adding on 100 cals a day at a time. I've decided that if it gets bad I will take the scale to a relatives house and visit there on set occasions. I will try having it in the house at first but put it away out of sight the rest of the time to relax about it.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    There is a scale at the Dr that is free to use but it's a bit out of the way from my house and I don't think I'd get there weekly. I didn't want to screw up maintenance by not being able to monitor what happened when I started adding on 100 cals a day at a time. I've decided that if it gets bad I will take the scale to a relatives house and visit there on set occasions. I will try having it in the house at first but put it away out of sight the rest of the time to relax about it.

Sounds like a good plan! Half the battle is being aware of the potential issue, and keep checking in with yourself about it-- being honest and not judging myself helps me the best!