Nearing maintainance Calories

Options
Warhawk79
Warhawk79 Posts: 29 Member
I am 15 months out from RNY and still have about 30 pounds to go. My calories per day average 1300 to 1400 and I am losing about 1.7 pounds a week. I have found the last few weeks that losses seem to be slowing. How many of you were able to reach your suggested weight and what is your calorie average to maintain? Thanks, and feel free to add me.

Replies

• Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great still losing almost 2 pounds a week after 15 months. I have about 35 pounds left to lose. I can't answer your question but congrats on your weight loss.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal in April and started adding about 100-200 calories per week until I hit 1500-1600ish, although I don't sweat it if I go up to 2000, especially if I have exercised or gotten a lot of steps in. I am taking a break from logging (although I shouldn't), but am mentally logging, so I may be a little higher. But, I have stayed within 3 pounds of my set point of 235.

Time to get back to logging!

Rob
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Warhawk79 wrote: »
    I am 15 months out from RNY and still have about 30 pounds to go. My calories per day average 1300 to 1400 and I am losing about 1.7 pounds a week. I have found the last few weeks that losses seem to be slowing. How many of you were able to reach your suggested weight and what is your calorie average to maintain? Thanks, and feel free to add me.

I was kind of wondering the same thing.

I'm 9 months out from my Sleeve and I'm nearing my goal weight range. I go in today for my official weigh in. I weighed myself at home last week and I came in at 232lbs (but I don't trust that scale, and I can't afford to buy the one I want yet), and my goal range is 225 - 200.

So while I'm getting close to my goal, I'm not that far out from when I had my surgery. This means I still can't eat all that much at once. My question is - how does one even get the calories in to maintain? :o
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Getting to my higher calorie count will certainly be difficult if I do it with what I should (dense proteins and limited sugary carbs). One of the reasons I am not logging is that my food choices aren't the best. I'm not overeating calorie-wise, but drinking more calories than I should and other things.

I think I took a modified vacation after hitting goal and I need to end the vacation and get back to the habits and behaviors I know are the right answer. We'll see how this week goes!

To answer your question directly, though, I will likely add a snack between lunch and dinner of 200ish calories of 20-30g lean protein and carb (think a lunchmeat wrap in 1/2 a real tortilla or a whole low-carb wrap.)

Rob

• Warhawk79
    Warhawk79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Honestly i am following MFP's suggest weightloss calories and taking my fitbit calculations into account. I am eating about 1400 calories a day and still losing about 1.7 pounds a week. Adding calories just scares me though. I am horrified of getting back to where I was.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am at my goal weight, 14 months after VSG. I eat around 1000 a day, and I am staying steady, but I am female and over 60, I work out 5 to 6 times a week, Dr. said I can go up to 1500 but I too, am afraid of gaining.
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well, I met with my bariatric team today for my 9 month tune-up & oil change. ;)

I was told that I am right on track and that I'm where I should be. I have an official weigh-in of 233.22 lbs.

I had asked about eating more once I hit my goal weight since I'm still not eating all that much at once right now....I'm just eating more often. I was basically told that by 12 months, which is when I should be at my goal weight range, I should be able to eat more in a sitting. So it shouldn't be a problem. If I can't eat more in a sitting, then I'm to try to fit in an extra meal somehow.

I wonder how I'm going to do that while going to college full-time? :/
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Cronniss wrote: »
    Well, I met with my bariatric team today for my 9 month tune-up & oil change. ;)

I was told that I am right on track and that I'm where I should be. I have an official weigh-in of 233.22 lbs.

I had asked about eating more once I hit my goal weight since I'm still not eating all that much at once right now....I'm just eating more often. I was basically told that by 12 months, which is when I should be at my goal weight range, I should be able to eat more in a sitting. So it shouldn't be a problem. If I can't eat more in a sitting, then I'm to try to fit in an extra meal somehow.

I wonder how I'm going to do that while going to college full-time? :/

Good for you. I can't eat more in a sitting either. I add protein bars, apples and almond butter, or greek yogurt, I don't know how you can eat more in a sitting... I just added another snack to get to my calorie goal.
    Maybe you could bring a protein bar to school.

• sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When I was in school and had long days on campus, I'd put a small cooler bag with an ice pack in my bag. In that you could toss some egg or chicken salad, veggies, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc to keep cool until you're ready to eat.