Fitness test and calorie burn

Options
NofatdaddyMike
NofatdaddyMike Posts: 574 Member
After doing some research I concluded that the average pre-set VO2 Max of the Polar was lower than mine was and for a more accurate reporting you need to adjust that by doing the fitness test. I went from 28 to 33 in 6 weeks and when I adjusted it, by calorie burn went up. So if you think you might be getting under reporting of calories burned, then try and do a fitness test to adjust the setting. You will need a Polar H7 strap to do this, since any others will not work.

Replies

• wannabf1t
    wannabf1t Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    How do you adjust?
    I did my first fitness test when I got the watch but I had already eaten food, walked etc. so I do not know how accurate it was. Anyway, I re-did it this morning and although I did get out of bed to get the strap, I waited a few mins to start it. This time it was a bit lower. I'm still in the same category, though. Should I ignore the first one?
  • NofatdaddyMike
    NofatdaddyMike Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I would since you aren't supposed to exercise before doing the test.
  • defowlkes
    defowlkes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have not done the fitness test yet. I will check this out. thanks for the tip.
  • ElenSouthgate
    ElenSouthgate Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking for a long time that there was a massive difference in my M400 calorie burn vs my old FT7, I'll definitely try and get regular fitness tests in to see if that brings them more inline as I'm working just as hard at class :D
  • simply_bubbz
    simply_bubbz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking for a long time that there was a massive difference in my M400 calorie burn vs my old FT7, I'll definitely try and get regular fitness tests in to see if that brings them more inline as I'm working just as hard at class :D

I'm having the same issue! My m400 is saying I'm burning way more than I think I am..my ft7 was right on...have you fixed it?
  • ElenSouthgate
    ElenSouthgate Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue! My m400 is saying I'm burning way more than I think I am..my ft7 was right on...have you fixed it?

Mine is the other way around, my M400 quotes much less per class (around 200kcal) than my old FT7 used to. I have started doing a fitness test every 2 weeks or so and it looks like the numbers are balancing out a little more. :)