Just joined.

Options
jlross1972
jlross1972 Posts: 16 Member
Hello. I'm 43 with 2 girls (12 and 4) happily married for 15 years in September and needing to lose 19 more pounds by September. I've been fairly healthy up until I turned 40. I've always been overweight. But it seemed like at 40 my body said "I'm going to start rebelling now." So here I am at 43 with high cholesterol. I really started to focus on changing how I look at food and exercise. Eight pounds gone since March. I can and will lose the rest.

Replies

• intherunning45
    intherunning45 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just joined too, same age as you (43). I'll send you a friend request. Looking for some diet buddies to do this with.
  • patty7006
    patty7006 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi. 44 here and my body decided diabetes was the choice for me. Lol. But been on MFP on and off for awhile now. Decided to stick with it and down 2 sizes in my jeans with 12 inches in total gone since january. Now no signs of diabetes but still want to lose about 40 - 50 more pounds. Welome! We all could use all the support as well as give it. :smile:
  • jlross1972
    jlross1972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my second girl I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. Not fun. I'm not a fan of needles. :)

Sounds like your doing great. Keep going.
    patty7006 wrote: »
    Hi. 44 here and my body decided diabetes was the choice for me. Lol. But been on MFP on and off for awhile now. Decided to stick with it and down 2 sizes in my jeans with 12 inches in total gone since january. Now no signs of diabetes but still want to lose about 40 - 50 more pounds. Welome! We all could use all the support as well as give it. :smile:

I'm noticing my clothes fit better, my joints are so achey and I actually have more energy.
  • lovehappyfitness
    lovehappyfitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just joined myself. Goal is to lose 30 pounds by end of this year. Good to see you guys here. Let's motivate each other!