Weekly Post 31.05. - 06.06.15.

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
My fasts last week were less than perfect, that's a fact. I'm 1-2kg from where I wanted to be for my surgery, but that's just how it is. Other than that, I feel well prepared on all counts and am looking forward to the outcome. Doc thinks 1-1.5kg of skin will come off my tummy and abs. I hope, he weighs it, because I want to know!!

ATM I'm sitting in the sun on my balcony watching my basil seeds sprout B) Need to practice this a bit, as after my surgery I think this is what I will be doing for a week or two...

No fasting planned for this week, though Tuesday will inadvertantly be close as I will probably only get dinner. I'll be home again on Wednesday morning. I will resume my fasts next week, if I am feeling well, but I'm not forcing anything. 2-3 weeks of chilling and healing are on the program with slow walks as soon as it feels right.

Had my last horseback ride this morning and I'm also fasting today and until now (14h30) it is going well. Just had a salad with cucumbers and strawberries on it for 150cals. Dinner is cooked too. If I feel 'weak', I shall go wash my bike. It is in dear need of a bit of care.

Enjoy your Sunday and your week!

Replies

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Oh, gosh Flumi. What day is the surgery? I'm so excited for you!

I had a binge yesterday. It's ok. But it made me realize that I've been eating whatever for 6 months and maintaining. So learnt a lot and know that it won't be a problem to keep it off in future. BUT, it's really time to buckle back on. I still have ca 2 kg I'd like to shave off. Not needed, just vanity pounds.

So had an excellent workout today almost 3 hours of yoga, treadmill walking/running. New incline PR! It's great to be a fatburner, endless energy. Still haven't done strength with a girl at the gym. Too much holidays, but made a date with her next weekend. Inflamed arm acting up:( A new goal is to try do some stretching or rolling every day.

Have a lovely week everyone!
  • flumi_f
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Tuesday. Gotta be at the practice at 7h30!! Should be all done and resting by 12h. Talked to my extra tummy skin today, while lying on my balcony. Totally ready to let it go :)

Awesome workout Foami!! And you've done very well maintaining, while eating 'whatever'. That still gets me into trouble. Excellent progress!
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi Flumi, I hope you don't mind but is your extra skin giving you grief, like yeast infections or are you doing for cosmetic reasons. I know I will have extra skin if I ever get down to a healthy weight because of extra skin and a c section. Even now I always have sweat under the flap which keeps the area moist and uncomfortable. I hope you do have a good experience and please do keep us posted Thanks !
  • flumi_f
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @zahid222 - it's actually less irritated now than it used to be. I used to have problems with fungus infections (maybe yeast) under my belly flap and in the crease of my inner thighs. Now both aren't a problem anymore. Probably because I just don't sweat as quickly as when I was overweight. I do however have some strange skin there. A doctor told me they are a type of age warts. I only have them under my belly flap, so I guess they thrive in a warm, moist environment. I think, they will be removed with the skin there, so, I might be rid of them too.

To be honest the reasons I am doing it are many - aesthics in and out of clothes is one, bothers me when jumping or running another, the extra skin no longer is a part of me as I am no longer my old self (inside and out) the third reason and I feel too young (46) to carry the skin around for the rest of my life. I've had a belly flap and very loose skin on my abs for longer than I can remember. When I started losing the weight very successfully 2 yrs ago, I promised myself the surgery, if I achieved and maintained in a normal weight range. I know, I'm privileged to be able to pay for it as my insurance is only paying for 20% of the total of both of my surgeries (breast lift last october and body lift this week). They only pay more, if it causes health or mental issues....I have no health or mental issues...OK, not sure about the mental ones :p I've accepted the extra skin on my upper inner arms and thighs, but the other two, I really wanted to get done. The first one went very well, thus I'm sure this one will too. Plus I have a great surgeon with an awesome team. So all bases covered ;)

I will keep you posted!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f I am so happy for you. Just keep yourself well and rested afterwards and even if you're not fasting we would love to hear how you are. You are in my thoughts and take care :)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Thank you all!! I will check in on Wednesday for sure!
  • zahid222
    Options
    Good Luck Flumi!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Wishing you well @flumi_f! Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Good idea to have some R & R after the surgery. Maybe plenty of good movies or books to keep you company as your body heals?
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Good luck sweet petunia!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and take it easy for the next week or so.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Just a short check in as all I can do is lay here... doing well, but can't stand up yet.. legs are still sleepy. The doc and the surgical nurse are very happy with the result. And I lost a very costly kilo today ;-)

Thanks from the bottom of my <3 for all of your support!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I've been gone for the past few weeks. My ship came into port for 3 weeks so I was busy being away from work and exploring things. Thankfully I managed to stay the same weight, even without fasting. I'm doing my first fast since a month ago tomorrow - hope it goes well.

Flumi - glad to hear the surgery went well! I hope you're feeling better and that you are able to stand up soon. Hope to hear from you again tomorrow :D
  • flumi_f
    Options
    This morning I'm proud to report, I can get up all by myself! And only feeling minimal pain. :) im home and in my own much more comfortable bed. <3

That was not imaginable yesterday! Every core movement was difficult and quite painful.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    This morning I'm proud to report, I can get up all by myself! And only feeling minimal pain. :) im home and in my own much more comfortable bed. <3

That was not imaginable yesterday! Every core movement was difficult and quite painful.

You are a champion!! So glad to hear from you and so soon after your surgery. Take it easy girl, no splitting any stitches now. ;)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Definitely not. Taking it very easy..no choice. Mom is taking care meals and other stuff during the day, whilst I lay in my bed....
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Definitely not. Taking it very easy..no choice. Mom is taking care meals and other stuff during the day, whilst I lay in my bed....

I guess that give you plenty of time to hang out with us! :grin:
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Not getting rid of me :p:p
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Activities of my morning.... washed myself ( can't shower yet) , made banana egg pancakes with fresh strawberries (delivered to my door by a friend, bless her!). Then I walked....crept to the village store (about 200-300m ) and back. Oh my. Walking bent over is very strenuous and I felt my tummy on the way back. Thus I will take it very easy for the rest of the day. Coffee in hand, ice pack on sutures, laying on my balcony watching the Hawks fly.

I'm doing well but was surprised how much I felt my tummy on my slow mo walk!
  • zahid222
    Options
    Please take it easy!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    zahid222 wrote: »
    Please take it easy!

I am. Moving from lounge to bed to sofa all day with short spells up for cooking. ;) The 'walk' (5 minutes max) was a little test. Not there yet, so back to resting B)