new here

Options
Lynz475
Lynz475 Posts: 3 Member
Hey, my name is lyndsey. I have a pretty yoyo weight lifestyle and I'm trying to stop it. I've been down as low as 160lbs literally got scared and put all of my weight back on. My biggest was 240 a week ago. I've lost 5.5 lbs so far. After my knees started hurting at 26 years old I realized I needed to stop making excuses. My relationship with food is unhealthy. I am changing that. I'm an emotional eater. Always have been. I'm looking for a motivated community. Friends etc to walk with in this journey. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi Lyndsey. Just saw your post. Welcome! I am so glad you are taking a stand. I can tell you my knees are shot. Been over 200lbs since I was 20. My biggest was 305. Been at about 235-270 for 10-15 years. up and down. I am back at 230 now and trying DESPERATELY to stick to it.

I have osteoarthritis in both knees. One is so bad now that it looks like I will have to have knee surgery. You need to take care of this NOW... really. The amount of pain I have been in for the last 20 years in unbelievable.

I know I sound preachy, but if I can warn young people about the consequences, hopefully it will help. I have to go down stair like a 5 year old. So embarrassing!

Good luck on your journey. We are SLOW sometimes, but we ARE here.
  • ShortyG44
    ShortyG44 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lynz! I too, have an unhealthy relationship with food. As I get older, I can feel the effects of being overweight on my body. Good for you noticing it early, and already taking steps and losing some weight.