Which supermarket is your favourite?

Options
13»

Replies

• AlecB62
    AlecB62 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Morrisons is the best in my area, great fruit and veg way better than the local Asda or Tesco.
    Waitrose for a treat, nice stuff but sometimes a bit expensive, it's the nearest supermarket to home and a free coffee is always nice.
  • JaeSky
    JaeSky Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm still at the 'my mum does the shopping stage' (I do give her money though! And offer to shop sometimes, but I work full time and she doesn't so she insists... haha)

But I know she shops mostly at Aldi, it's closest and best value, and for a few things she can't get there she goes up to Asda. Sometimes the veg is great from Aldi, but it's not reliably good so we quite often get fresh veg from the local market instead.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Shop regularly at Tesco now as we like 'scan as you shop' ... tired of having our stuff almost thrown at us at the regular tills, especially at Aldi. Heard some checkout staff are under pressure to scan a certain amount per min but they hurry us even when it's quiet in the store. Quality of fresh fruit and veg is a bit better than our local Aldi too, Morrisons not bad but rarely have good offers on the things we like. Also think a lot of Tesco's own brands are as good as the others or better for both price and quality. So out of love with Aldi now, our local one is only a mile or so away but so untidy, unhelpful staff, long queues, hopelessly crowded car park, and their next nearest branch has camera-controlled parking where you have to log your number plate into a machine before leaving the shop or you'll get a ticket, could easily forget to do this ...
  • piechuck
    piechuck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We don't have an Aldi nearby so much as I'd love to buy all their cheap stuff I mostly get Ocado (for the easy life). I prefer sainsbury's own-label stuff and find that Tesco is the cheapest in the area. Anywhere really, I have loyalty cards for Tesco, sainsbury's and waitrose but am not loyal to any of them.
  • lyndapage74
    lyndapage74 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Asda here because it's our nearest
  • yoyo54321
    yoyo54321 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Asda at the moment cuz the protein bars are cheaper than the net.